SAD lamps

Roger

Striker
Does anyone here use any of these? Are they any good?

If so, any recommendations?

I have no trouble going to sleep, but I have always had trouble waking up properly at this time of year onwards, and end up starting the day lethargically.

Going to bed earlier doesn’t help .. I just wake up earlier and equally as slow and lethargic!

I have no bother in summer, so from what I read one of these could help - but I suspect most of what I read on the internet is manufacturers paid for ‘reviews’

I have no trouble going to sleep, but I have always had trouble waking up properly at this time of year onwards, and end up starting the day lethargically.

Going to bed earlier doesn’t help .. I just wake up earlier and equally as slow and lethargic!

I have no bother in summer, so from what I read one of these could help - but I suspect most of what I read on the internet is manufacturers paid for ‘reviews’
I had the same problem. Been using one of these thus year and can recommend. Great at getting off to sleep too. Our Wake-up Light Alarm Clocks: Bodyclock range, Sunrise Alarm - Lumie

I bought this one on Amazon a few weeks ago mainly for the daughter who struggles in winter bit we have it on loads.. just nice bright white light......

On an Amazon show (Alexa). The screen gets progressively lighter prior to the alarm going off.. I find that quite good

Last edited:
I bought this one on Amazon a few weeks ago mainly for the daughter who struggles in winter bit we have it on loads.. just nice bright white light......

On an Amazon show (Alexa). The screen gets progressively lighter prior to the alarm going off.. I find that quite good

Is it helping her, or is it too soon to tell?

Double espresso does the job for me then off to the bog. ;)

I use a lumie sunrise alarm, it gradually gets very bright which usually wakes me up just before the alarm goes off. I find I wake up fresher with the light than with a normal alarm in a dark room and less likely to press snooze and go back to sleep.

I've never tried a SAD lamp during the day, I worked with somebody that had one in their dark little office and seemed to think it helped them. It's getting up in the first place that I struggle with

Last edited:
I’m pretty sure I had SAD when I lived back home. I remember my best mate telling me in the sixth form she was really worried about me when I said I can’t get out of bed before 9 am. Of course we were supposed to be in school at 9 am. Problies the biggest reason why I emigrated.
On a similar note it never used to bother me much as a youngun but I find I get more grouchy every year when the clocks change. I think FL voted to stop doing it but it hasn’t been out into practice yet.

Back