sad but it has to happen, my dad passed away

• Thread starter stephen cartwright
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.

heartbroken today all.

just had to get it off my chest but his suffering is no more and he is now with my mam, on holiday in heaven

sorry for the maudling tone but it helps

I know one or two on here will remember him from his days in the Wearside combination league and that is how I will remember my hero.

thanks dad and I will keep the red flag flying high
Sorry to hear the sad news. My dad passed away on fathers day a few months ago. I blame him for me suffering as a Sunderland suppporter. Now I force my kids to go. Remember the good times with him.

Sorry to hear that, Carty marra. I hope his last few weeks were as peaceful as could be, for him, you and the family. Did you get him into that home in the end?
I did

I did and could only give thanks and praise to the staff at donwell house care home.

everyone who has sent their kind regards, it really has been a help today and I can only thank you all.

that bonanza theme is always with me :D.

signing off for a while but not for long

haway the lads

Last edited by a moderator:
heartbroken today all.

just had to get it off my chest but his suffering is no more and he is now with my mam, on holiday in heaven

sorry for the maudling tone but it helps

I know one or two on here will remember him from his days in the Wearside combination league and that is how I will remember my hero.

thanks dad and I will keep the red flag flying high

Feel so sorry for you mate, life is just cruel at times because you think your parents will go on forever.
I know you've probably heard this all day about being & staying strong, but you must pal.
Lost both my parents also, Dad died in September 2011 & Mam just in February this year, when I have problems sometimes I just want to pick the phone up & have a good old chinwag with them :lol:
Funnily enough I still do :lol:
Miss Dad because after every Sunderland game we'd be on the phone for hours saying how shit we were & complaining & miss Mam more on a weekend because she used to buy all my beer :p but every time I have a beer I think about her & every Sunderland game I still feel close to my late Dad.
Both these are together now as well on the side of the SOL, names together again in a brick which I'll visit before every home game.
I've been rattling on a bit here mind but I'm sat here with tears strolling down my face, both sad & happy, sad because I'll never see them again but happy because nobody can take the unbelievable memories I have about them.
Take care mate & tough it may sound, this will come to all of us eventually.
Now I live life to the full every day with a smile on my face.

Knocked the stuffing out of me, so look after yourself marra and stay strong, its what your dad would want of you. RIP to your Dad and condolences to your family at this sad time.

I mean this in a good way, but i hate threads like this. I always get really choked up...the thought that someone has lost someone very close to them, and someone they clearly loved very much, and the pain and hurt they are feeling.
Take care Stephen, and sincere condolences to you and your family.
R.I.P.

Condolences me old marra. Best advice I got was take the best memory and hold it. (For my mam) I'm sure you've a canny few. R.I.P. Mr Cartwright Snr.

My dad is dragged around the country with us now as he started this addiction.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back