sad but it has to happen, my dad passed away

• Thread starter stephen cartwright
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
S

stephen cartwright

heartbroken today all.

just had to get it off my chest but his suffering is no more and he is now with my mam, on holiday in heaven

sorry for the maudling tone but it helps

I know one or two on here will remember him from his days in the Wearside combination league and that is how I will remember my hero.

thanks dad and I will keep the red flag flying high

heartbroken today all.

just had to get it off my chest but his suffering is no more and he is now with my mam, on holiday in heaven

I know one or two on here will remember him from his days in the Wearside combination league and that is how I will remember my hero.

Very sorry to hear that mate. Lost my Da this year and my Ma last year and it's tough. Just remember the great times and let his spirit live on through you.

Just because he isn't here doesn't mean your relationship ends. He can always be part of your life Stephen and will always be there if you need him. Any time you think "I know exactly what Dad would say", he's there. RIP to the big fella.

heartbroken today all.

Sorry to hear that. Hope you and your family just keep the good memories.

Make me feel sick to the stomach to think of one of my parents dying. I'm 36 now and they're still going along great which I'm so thankful for. My heart goes out to anyone who's had to suffer such a devastating loss.
You cannot fully empathise until unfortunately you experience it too.

It has happened to my mates over the past 15 years or so and I now feel like I must have been useless to them even though I wanted to help in some way. Difficult to explain and put into words.

It'll be 10 years next March since my dad passed. Every time a Sinatra song comes on my iPod I smile as I remember him singing along.

Cherish the memories mate.

Sorry for your loss.

It has happened to my mates over the past 15 years or so and I now feel like I must have been useless to them even though I wanted to help in some way. Difficult to explain and put into words.
I doubt there was anything you could've done to make them feel better. All you can do is be there for them. Let them shout, let them cry, let them vent. Tell them how they feel is ok.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back