Sad Bastard Neighbours

Looks like a proton with an ironing board on the back. Driven by chavs. So it beats the Mini, the VW Beetle and the Shelby Mustang as the most iconic car. Who is this most respected motor journalist in the world atm?, Goldie looking chain?

He said most iconic over the past 30-40 years. The iconic cars you mentioned are 60, 80 and 55 years old respectively. And the Shelby Mustang is not iconic except in America. IMHO of course.

Any normal lads interests when you’re growing up are footy, clothes, going out and birds. No one I’ve ever knocked about with has been ‘into’ cars and anyone who is I would advise to go and see the doctor.
“Knocked about with “ in the past tense. I’m into all the above but also driving a nice car. WTF’s wrong with that? There’s not many people that have wound me up on this forum but you are top of the list. Now be a good lad and make your mum a cup of tea while trying to avoid the world globe hanging from your ceiling.

Any normal lads interests when you’re growing up are footy, clothes, going out and birds. No one I’ve ever knocked about with has been ‘into’ cars and anyone who is I would advise to go and see the doctor.
Very true but I wish I had the ability to do repairs on some of the ones I have had over the years, birds and cars, what a fortune that could have been.

Thats what the old illegal immigrant car valeting places are for.
Nowt says complete dullard than a bloke who spends Sunday's f***ing about washing and cleaning the car out.

Always wash mine on a Saturday...
when I first got my own place the old guy up the street was a great neighbour, always cheery and helpful, used to be out in bad weather clearing the snow and salting the road, pulling everyones bins back in when the binmen had been, we got fresh stuff dropped off from his allotment, and he took parcels and deliveries for everybody, paid the window cleaner etc etc etc, absolute salt of the earth. He had just finished getting his garden ready for spring when he took ill, and ended up in hospital for a while, where he sadly died.
So on the day of his funeral, when all his family and all the neighbours were at the crem, I popped over the fence and nicked all his bedding plants, bulbs and gardening gear out the shed. Its what he would have wanted. RIP Walter. Never forgotten.

It’s what he would have wanted ...😳

Last edited:
Mine went from blanking me to wanting to be my best mate when his missus left. Then a year later he meets his current missus and blanks me again. Up to his nuts in guts I suppose.

Mine went from blanking me to wanting to be my best mate when his missus left. Then a year later he meets his current missus and blanks me again. Up to his nuts in guts I suppose.
Ours are all proper class people.We are all poorly with Covid in our house and the neighbours are bending over backwards to see that we are ok but without being intrusive.
One lad is going to pick us up a takeaway tonight and drop it off,other neighbour has went to the trouble to drop an oxy sensor off that you put on your finger.

Really nice people.

He said most iconic over the past 30-40 years. The iconic cars you mentioned are 60, 80 and 55 years old respectively. And the Shelby Mustang is not iconic except in America. IMHO of course.
Ok, what about the Audi Quattro, Mclsren F1, Ferrari F40, Bugatti Veyron or even the Delorean DMC-12. Surely that last one is more iconic than a chavtastic Impreza?. Looks better as well.

Those Suburus are the worst looking cars in the world by the way. Chavtastic as fuck and like an 80s style Frankenstein’s monster :lol:
When you are walking along and you hear the ridiculous noise of the exhaust parping away along with whatever that hissing noise every so often, you know its an Impreza or some other crap car, bought coz they are cheap but chavs adore them. Saying that, I've turned round once or twice and seen a souped up lowered Saxo before making the same din. Sheep in wolves clothing.

When you are walking along and you hear the ridiculous noise of the exhaust parping away along with whatever that hissing noise every so often, you know its an Impreza or some other crap car, bought coz they are cheap but chavs adore them. Saying that, I've turned round once or twice and seen a souped up lowered Saxo before making the same din. Sheep in wolves clothing.
I was blasting through the centre of Newcastle purposely making as much noise as I could in my car in the summer and a well dressed middle aged woman screamed at me at the lights outside of Tokyo “FUCK OFFFFF!!””

Class man.

I laugh every time I see one, they’re f***ing horrendous.

I laugh every time I see one, they’re f***ing horrendous.
The most expensive one I’ve seen for sale was £500k in Australia.That’s for a 1998 model.

They have a cult following.It’s a good barometer if someone is a proper petrol head is if they like Subaru and Evolutions.

I was blasting through the centre of Newcastle purposely making as much noise as I could in my car in the summer and a well dressed middle aged woman screamed at me at the lights outside of Tokyo “FUCK OFFFFF!!””

Class man.
Stalking while blasting out happy hardcore and scooter. Off yer tits on E and getting laughed at for being a chav in a crap car.

Back