Sacking the gym off!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Losing weight is a piece of piss, just buy a cross trainer, and work at no more than 65% of your ability. Do this for 2 hours every other day and the weight will drop off.

Fletch said:
treadmills, row machine, exercise bike.. most stuff you buy for the house will end up collecting cobwebs after a couple of months

We bought a pretty pricey, good quality cross trainer.....most expensive clothes horse I've ever had!

Get to DW quite a bit, losing loads of weight. Hard work out followed by a
relaxing swim and spa. The people are also friendly, as they don't look down there nose at you if you are a bit overweight unlike Morgans.

Losing weight is a piece of piss, just buy a cross trainer, and work at no more than 65% of your ability. Do this for 2 hours every other day and the weight will drop off.

Why 65% mate?

Been going 3 times a week and trying to loose weight. I do 30 mins on bike, 20 mins cross, 10 rowing and about 30 mins weights (just th machines and that, not the free weights)

Any tips welcome because I haven't got a clue. I go pretty much full out on everything.

It's best for losing weight, apparently If you go flat out every session, your heart and body get used to the high intensity and you don't burn as much fat.

I quit the gym a few years ago and bought a squat rack, bench and olympic weight set from Powerhouse and haven't looked back. Training at home saves you travelling time to the gym and it is much easier to fit into a schedule than the gym.

Powerhouse were ok. I had a fast delivery from them but there were a couple of 5kg weights missing that I didn't even notice for a month. When I got back in touch with they sent replacements with no arguments despite the time it took me to get in touch.

Would use them again.

Why 65% mate?

Been going 3 times a week and trying to loose weight. I do 30 mins on bike, 20 mins cross, 10 rowing and about 30 mins weights (just th machines and that, not the free weights)

Any tips welcome because I haven't got a clue. I go pretty much full out on everything.

Do what you're doing, but split it so you do 30 mins cardio, weights, then 30 mins cardio again.

Watch what you're eating (no need to go mad) and give it a few weeks, then the weight should begin to fall off.

I like to go on the bike and stick Freebird on me Ipod, hell of a cal burner.
Anyone else got any good tracks to feel the burn??

Why 65% mate?

by far the best thing for fitness is interval training. Go full out for 10-30 seconds then take it easy for a bit then go full out again and keep doing this.

I like to go on the bike and stick Freebird on me Ipod, hell of a cal burner.
Anyone else got any good tracks to feel the burn??

I like running to the Rock of Ages soundtrack. Whitesnake, Bon Jovi, Starship - proper tunes to get the blood pumping, plus a bit of a story to listen to too.

I've had a dodgy shoulder for a couple of weeks so haven't been going, I'm at the doctor this morning to see what's wrong so hopefully I can be back at the gym / in the pool tomorrow morning.

I like running to the Rock of Ages soundtrack. Whitesnake, Bon Jovi, Starship - proper tunes to get the blood pumping, plus a bit of a story to listen to too.

I've had a dodgy shoulder for a couple of weeks so haven't been going, I'm at the doctor this morning to see what's wrong so hopefully I can be back at the gym / in the pool tomorrow morning.

leaning on the greggs counter ???

not a bad package that like, adding an olympic bar, plates and dumbells are gonna push the price up though
i like the look of that power rack, made some of my best gains using the rack at the last gym i went to
its an ideal package for core exercises (squats, deadlifts, pressing) which is all you need really - 45 mins max per session

even though i go to a good gym - Morgans, you've got me thinking now like :neutral:

edit: just seen it includes a 100kg olympic barbell set

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back