Sacking the gym off!

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheWanderer

Striker
Bit of a struggle getting to the gym the 3 times minimum i need to start to shift some fat, so cleared the garage out and now have the space to buy This, works out a little over what i'm paying for the gym per month if i take it on finance.

Already have some dumbbells and an EZ bar, cant think of anything else i need.

May try and grab a cheap rower from ebay to do some HIIT rowing on, on none weight days.

Anyone used Powerhouse Fitness? Any good?

Keep the gym membership. I made a similar decision a few years back and never used the gear I bought. Back in the gym now.

Keep the gym membership. I made a similar decision a few years back and never used the gear I bought. Back in the gym now.

Nah, its not worth it, i'm only managing to get there 2 mornings a week, with bairns, work and a OU degree. If it was in teh house, i'll be straight on it when the bairns go to bed etc.

TheWanderer said:
Nah, its not worth it, i'm only managing to get there 2 mornings a week, with bairns, work and a OU degree. If it was in teh house, i'll be straight on it when the bairns go to bed etc.

Set yourself a timetable or summit then otherwise you will stay on the sofa. Trust me :lol:

Get a vibration machine thing that the celebrities have, then stand on it and watch tv, win win.

I bought all the equipment and work out in the garage, much better than going to the gym, people saying " leep your membership, it's too easy to ignore at home ", i understand, but if anyone has that mentality then they shouldn't really have a gym membership, gotta be motivated to work out, where it it will be.

As for the OP, surely you can find a multi gym a lot cheaper than that one, mine was only 200 quid.

As has been said, just keep the gym membership. Too easy to ignore stuff at home.

Fully agree. I have allsorts of equipment at home, top of the range stuff too which I spent a lot of money on, but never use any of it, not even the treadmill anymore when I cant be bothered for the gym.

It sounds so much sense to sack the gym off and use it at home but in reality it just doesnt work in the long term.

As for the OP, surely you can find a multi gym a lot cheaper than that one, mine was only 200 quid.

My aim is also to add muscle as well as lose fat, and i really need to be able to do Squats safely, as well do my deadlifts. The only thing this equipment wont let me do is dips, but i can get round that using cables.

Fully agree. I have allsorts of equipment at home, top of the range stuff too which I spent a lot of money on, but never use any of it, not even the treadmill anymore when I cant be bothered for the gym.

It sounds so much sense to sack the gym off and use it at home but in reality it just doesnt work in the long term.

All depends on motivation i guess, and circumstances, visiting the gym just isnt working for me.

Plus, the knob heads are spoiling the whole gym experience, hogging machines/weights etc, its not a very nice place to train.

My aim is also to add muscle as well as lose fat, and i really need to be able to do Squats safely, as well do my deadlifts. The only thing this equipment wont let me do is dips, but i can get round that using cables.

All depends on motivation i guess, and circumstances, visiting the gym just isnt working for me.

Plus, the knob heads are spoiling the whole gym experience, hogging machines/weights etc, its not a very nice place to train.

What gym is that?

Take a guess! DW.

I got in pre-opening at £33 a month, and its a few quid more to join now, and the nearest gym to me, the H&R is well over £50 a month.

I can get that power rack for £43 a month for 12 month.

I thought it would be :lol:. If you want to just go for some cardio then its fine but it gets a few chavs in playing on their phones and hogging machines.

Sounds like you need a new gym. Nobody wants to go to an overrun, knobhead-filled one.

Used to train with a lad at Marine house, that was full of proper big fuckers, those that had something to be proud of, yet the atmosphere was so much better, never really waited for any equipment, plenty of the lads offered advice, and weights were always put back, and there was never any people on their phones and fannying around. And the only use of the mirrors was to check form.

I thought it would be :lol:. If you want to just go for some cardio then its fine but it gets a few chavs in playing on their phones and hogging machines.

Boiling my blood! :evil:

Used to train with a lad at Marine house, that was full of proper big fuckers, those that had something to be proud of, yet the atmosphere was so much better, never really waited for any equipment, plenty of the lads offered advice, and weights were always put back, and there was never any people on their phones and fannying around. And the only use of the mirrors was to check form.

Boiling my blood! :evil:

Fitness 2000 isnt too bad, its also better than Marine House. Where do you live?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back