Sacked vegan claims discrimination in landmark case

It can be veggie though. I don't just eat vegetables, but I do like my potatoes and chick peas.
Veggie pizza made fresh from scratch is f***ing lovely.

I usually only get one meat on a pizza and load it up with mixed veg/peppers.

Ever thought about going full vegan?

First time I even came across a vegan was back in 1999 when I was a graduate in the bank. One of the women was a vegan and she had about 15 dogs and used to come in covered in dog hair every day.

We had a team lunch one day and the bank ordered sandwiches in, and the only thing I can remember is that all we could get for her was a massive bowl of melon.

That was 20 year ago, things have changed. :)

I wonder what she fed her dogs

Cows have very complicated social lives that have developed over millions of years. However, they are forcibly raped or inseminated have their children taken away and slaughtered and then are milked artificially for most of their lives. It is an utter disgrace that we allow this to happen in a so called modern society.

People are rightly up in arms about SeaWorld and what they do to Killer whales but also love cheese and butter.
Ah right, I thought you meant it was bad for us. So how would we ethically get cheese?

Cos I can't think of anything better to stick on a burger

I predict that, contrary to the BBC report, the tribunal will not "decide whether veganism is a philosophical belief". I predict its judgment will say something like:

1. Mr Casamitjana claims that he was discriminated against on the grounds of his philosophical belief.
2. For the purpose of this judgment, we will assume (without deciding) that veganism is a protected philosophical belief.
3. The test for discrimination on the grounds of a protected characteristic is whether a hypothetical comparator without the protected characteristic would have been treated differently.
4. We find that a person who is not a vegan but disclosed his employer's confidential information to the public would have been sacked for gross misconduct.
5. Therefore the comparator would not have been treated any differently.
6. Therefore there was no discrimination, whether or not veganism is a protected philosophical belief which, as stated, we are not expressing a view on.
7. Case dismissed.
8. Off to the pub.
Pork scratching anyone?

Is beer vegan?
I hope not.

I predict that, contrary to the BBC report, the tribunal will not "decide whether veganism is a philosophical belief". I predict its judgment will say something like:

1. Mr Casamitjana claims that he was discriminated against on the grounds of his philosophical belief.
2. For the purpose of this judgment, we will assume (without deciding) that veganism is a protected philosophical belief.
3. The test for discrimination on the grounds of a protected characteristic is whether a hypothetical comparator without the protected characteristic would have been treated differently.
4. We find that a person who is not a vegan but disclosed his employer's confidential information to the public would have been sacked for gross misconduct.
5. Therefore the comparator would not have been treated any differently.
6. Therefore there was no discrimination, whether or not veganism is a protected philosophical belief which, as stated, we are not expressing a view on.
7. Case dismissed.
8. Off to the pub.
Just watched the BBC report and I suspect that he doesn't care whether he wins the case as such, it's just an opportunity to get his agenda out there. The BBC have played into his hands.
A significant observation is that he appears to be wearing Reactolite glasses, I think that tells us all we need to know about this gentleman.;)

1) Humans are the only animal to drink the milk of a completely different species. Would you drink dog milk ?

2) Dairy was sold on a false prospectus. The argument used to go "if you don't drink dairy, you get calcium deficiency and it affects your bones". Which is utter bullshit. Elephants require stronger bones than humans and yet they manage to get enough calcium while not needing the milk of giraffes, or anything.

3) Cow farts are a significant contributor to global warming.

4) Clearing of forests for cattle is a major cause of deforestation.

5) Cow's milk is designed to feed a cud-chewing animal with four stomachs, which grows a lot faster than a human being. Is this really the right stuff to be ingesting ?

6) Even with pasteurisation, milk isn't particularly sanitary. Mastitis, somatic cells, pus... that kind of thing...
Aye but cheese is lush.

Yes, but it is a pain in the arse when you go out for a meal, feel the need to show solidarity with your vegan offspring, and find there's nowt you can eat on the menu without a major negotiation with the waiting staff.
Get yourself a lovely slice of tofu and hummus on toast :cool:

Just watched the BBC report and I suspect that he doesn't care whether he wins the case as such, it's just an opportunity to get his agenda out there. The BBC have played into his hands.
A significant observation is that he appears to be wearing Reactolite glasses, I think that tells us all we need to know about this gentleman.;)
And a hat saying VEGAN :lol::rolleyes:

Last edited:
Yes, but it is a pain in the arse when you go out for a meal, feel the need to show solidarity with your vegan offspring, and find there's nowt you can eat on the menu without a major negotiation with the waiting staff.
:lol::lol::lol:

Mine is 22 doing nursing so we don't eat out together much.

It is a belief system, and the main thing separating it from being a religion is the absence of a deity.
Perhaps they should adopt one. I hear that the tax breaks are good.
Wouldn't that go against the premise of veganism though?

Back