Ryhope Explosion

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've always just called the top end Hylton castle fuck knows why but aye Castletown. My grandad lives in Cheltenham road round the corner. Was it something like he fitted his own boiler or something?
Can't remember now.

Just been looking on Goggle Earth to see where this was as I used to live down that way. I noticed The Toll Bar pub has gone and is now flats, when did that happen ?

Where's that video from mate? Wouldn't mind showing some gas lads I know

From a lass further down the street, if you were wanting the name for permission message me and I'll pass on the details for you to ask

Just been looking on Goggle Earth to see where this was as I used to live down that way. I noticed The Toll Bar pub has gone and is now flats, when did that happen ?

f***ing hell been a long time now, I loved the Toll bar pub for a couple of games of pool and a pint. Lovely flats though

Last edited:
From a lass further down the street, if you were wanting the name for permission message me and I'll pass on the details for you to ask

f***ing hell been a long time now, I loved the Toll bar pub for a couple of games of pool and a pint. Lovely flats though
I used to get in when I lived there, going back 20 years now like, proper old fashioned pub.

My missus' sisters house is on that road and I have no means of contacting her family, and she's in Canada oblivious. If anybody lives in that street could you PM me please.

Do you have any more information, is this as a result of the explosion or did it cause the explosion?

If it's found to be the fire at fault would it have been replaced with an electrical one if budgets hadn't been cut?
Budgets cut? Wheres that from m8, or are u assuming?

Where's that video from mate? Wouldn't mind showing some gas lads I know

Bellendbook.
Owa lass showed me it & the person who posted it was...
"So we caught the explosion......."

Its not "so....." youre from ryhope not down south. What is it with the youth and speaking annoyingly

Was one in hylton about 20-25 year ago round the corner from my grandads house. Bloke had done work to the boiler himself or something like that and blew the roof and top floor off. Insurance wouldn't pay out so just put a roof on the ground floor and is now a bungalow :lol:

I can remember that, the house was left for ages too before they put the roof on. My grandad had walked past 5 mins early on his way back from the shops.

Castletown that mate. The bloke went to prison for that. I went to school with his son.

Nah that one was deffo Hylton castle, house oppo the junior school next to where the footy pitch was.

Think there was another in castletown though on the castle bank near castle view comp

Last edited:
Someone very close to me lives in that street and they were let back in around 8 o clock last night. Then the f***ing pikey scrap men started turning up as soon as darkness fell. All the possessions from the other house that was knocked down are still in the house, tellys ipads games consoles etc. The residents banded together and started filming everything. They were even trying to climb the back fence to get at the site. :evil:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back