Ryanair...

As well as all the other afore-mentioned dodgy practices, even the colour scheme bothers me. The harsh yellow is eye level and above, whereas the easier-on-the-cornea blue is down below.
With that, you're subconsciously looking down all the time, like some sort of subservient piece of cattle.

also, the rip-off exchange rates on-board, the charity lottery card bollocks, the "food", the pricing policy, the continuous sell-sell-sell as soon as you get on board.

Al airlines are doing stuff like this - BA are the worst

uses scratter airline, complains about scratter behaviour from scratter airline. fly with a legacy if you're that bothered
I fly BA a lot and in economy you have to pay for everything, seat selection etc even a glass of water is chargeable.

Last edited:
only on short haul. everything is free on longer flights.

I know that you know. And I know that everyone knows. But I’m going to say it anyway: NOTHING is ‘free’

The words you’re searching for are ‘included in the published price’. And the concept we’re avoiding is ‘added after you’ve decided to accept the published rate to make you think you’re getting a better bargain than you actually are’. Which is actually unnecessary coz it’s still cheaper - but just causes resentment.

only on short haul. everything is free on longer flights.
Not true - just booked return to Chicago today. And when I paid £500 return to Dusseldorf last week I was hoping for at least a free glass of water

I know that you know. And I know that everyone knows. But I’m going to say it anyway: NOTHING is ‘free’

The words you’re searching for are ‘included in the published price’. And the concept we’re avoiding is ‘added after you’ve decided to accept the published rate to make you think you’re getting a better bargain than you actually are’. Which is actually unnecessary coz it’s still cheaper - but just causes resentment.

Long haul to ORD today - I paid the cheapest price with BA, which meant I can't at any point choose seat - will be allocated at check in desk and hold luggage would be £60 return. Its an 8 hour flight and I will not be getting plied with booze and food

Last edited:
Not true - just booked return to Chicago today. And when I paid £500 return to Dusseldorf last week I was hoping for at least a free glass of water

Long haul to ORD today - I paid the cheapest price with BA, which meant I can't at any point choose seat - will be allocated at check in desk and hold luggage would be £60 return. Its an 8 hour flight and I will not be getting plied with booze and food
You not in the Executive Club? It doesn’t take much to get Bronze and you can pick seats 7 days before the flight.

Must admit I hardly use BA these days. I used to be Silver for a few years but they just got steadily worse over the years.

You not in the Executive Club? It doesn’t take much to get Bronze and you can pick seats 7 days before the flight.

Must admit I hardly use BA these days. I used to be Silver for a few years but they just got steadily worse over the years.

I'm in every loyalty scheme going:lol:

Bronze at moment - just about to be silver (2 long haul biz class in Feb were with the Etihad - other wise I would be pushing for gold this year:evil:)

I'm in every loyalty scheme going:lol:

Bronze at moment - just about to be silver (2 long haul biz class in Feb were with the Etihad - other wise I would be pushing for gold this year:evil:)
So you’ll be able to choose your seat then. Silver you can choose at booking time and get lounge access. Nab a bottle of water and take it with you.

So you’ll be able to choose your seat then. Silver you can choose at booking time and get lounge access. Nab a bottle of water and take it with you.
I can, yes, but the point is your normal bloke isn't any better off with BA than Ryanair. I've booked for 9 of us today and only I am a BA member

If they do say your bag is in the hold, just rip the tag off after you leave the desk and tell the ground crew they said you could take yours on board

Back