Ryanair...

If you have not purchased Priority & 2 Cabin Bags, you are only permitted to bring 1 small bag on board. Your second 10kg bag will be tagged at the gate and put into the hold free of charge.

Your small bag (e.g. handbag, laptop etc.) must not exceed 35x20x20cm and should easily fit under the seat in front of you.

Your second 10kg bag must be 55x40x20cm in size and must fit into the sizers at the gate before being tagged and put into the hold free of charge.

If you have not purchased Priority & 2 Cabin Bags, you are only permitted to bring 1 small bag on board. Your second 10kg bag will be tagged at the gate and put into the hold free of charge.

Your small bag (e.g. handbag, laptop etc.) must not exceed 35x20x20cm and should easily fit under the seat in front of you.

Your second 10kg bag must be 55x40x20cm in size and must fit into the sizers at the gate before being tagged and put into the hold free of charge.

The point of making sure I go hand luggage only is to not bother hanging around at carousels.

A fiver each way if you buy it when booking, I paid 6 quid the other week when I went to Dublin for St Patricks Day, because I decided to get priority boarding later on.

The point of making sure I go hand luggage only is to not bother hanging around at carousels.
To be fair, even before this change, there was a high chance you'd have to put your bag in the hold as they can only carry about 90 bags in overhead lockers. You used to see the stewardesses counting down the priority customers and then those at the front of the other queue to see at what point they had to take bags off folk for the hold. Assuming you don't pay priority, you would have to be quite far up the queue of a full flight to guarantee your bag wouldn't go in the hold.

Makes sense. There's little room in the cabin as it is, without people bringing on suitcases and filling up all the space.

I think everyone should only be allowed one small bag. That would be enough hold all your essentials and stuff needed on the flight and they'd be space for everyone to stow bags and jackets above their seat.

Makes sense. There's little room in the cabin as it is, without people bringing on suitcases and filling up all the space.

I think everyone should only be allowed one small bag. That would be enough hold all your essentials and stuff needed on the flight and they'd be space for everyone to stow bags and jackets above their seat.

I'm not suggesting suitcases be allowed on. Just a bag big enough for a weekend away.

Make sense.

Some people took advantage of the 2 bags system. I've seen people bringing suitcases on. It's not that big of a inconvenience.

Happily. 15 quid to fly to Italy in May, what a topper.
If it wasn't for Ryanair I won't be able to travel around Europe on holidays or weekend/mid-week breaks. It would be too dear.

Back