Ryanair strikes

Harbour Boy

Winger
22/23 August and 2nd/3rd of sept.

Meant to be flying to gdansk on the 23rd.

Will I get refund?

Also my hotel is non refundable, guessing I’ll lose the coin on that too?

Yea they must refund you the full cost of the flights and your travel insurance will cover the hotel. Your not entitled to the extra EU compensation though as they have given advance notice of the cancellation.

22/23 August and 2nd/3rd of sept.

Meant to be flying to gdansk on the 23rd.

Will I get refund?

Also my hotel is non refundable, guessing I’ll lose the coin on that too?
That's if they go ahead and allegedly they do't want to interfere with passenger's travel.

I'm flying on the 30th.;)

Actually thinking about it, given what a bunch of gits Ryanair are I wouldn't be surprised if they refuse to refund the return flight unless that's also a strike date.

Thanks all, just checked and it’s UK pilots only. As my flight originated from Gdansk it should be staffed by poles.

We're flying back from majorca early hours of the 24th so hopefully no knock on effect. Should be OK hopefully with it just being British based pilots though

Thanks all, just checked and it’s UK pilots only. As my flight originated from Gdansk it should be staffed by poles.
dont count your chickens just yet. they've got form for these things affecting other services. you'll get a refund or an alternative flight IF it goes ahead .

I'm booked end of Sept and had little choice but to use them. Can't stand the company but they are the biggest and most punctual airline around, believe it or not.

dont count your chickens just yet. they've got form for these things affecting other services. you'll get a refund or an alternative flight IF it goes ahead .
Our flight is pretty full, wouldn't mind a delay, just want to get there as we have a nice spa hotel lined up :lol:
We're flying back from majorca early hours of the 24th so hopefully no knock on effect. Should be OK hopefully with it just being British based pilots though
Should be fine mate

Typical Ryanair bully boy tactics going on here.:evil:
All the pilots want is to get around the negotiating table with ACAS and discuss their greivances.
But Ryanair prefer to take this matter through the courts instead.

Ryanair Captains are wanting a pay increase from £170k to £375k per annum and the company won't agree to this. I would like the DWP to double my State pension to £15k a year, wonder how that will work out?

Ryanair Captains are wanting a pay increase from £170k to £375k per annum and the company won't agree to this. I would like the DWP to double my State pension to £15k a year, wonder how that will work out?
Not true though is it?
The salary of Ryanair pilots depends on a series of factors - such as the type of aircraft flown and length of service.

According to salary tracking website PayScale, the salary of a commercial pilot fly a jet at the company varies from £40,000 to £105,000 per year.
For a commercial pilot flying a corporate jet, however, the salary is slightly higher.

PayScale estimates the salary of those pilots goes up to between £41,000 and £143,000 per year.

Other estimates have said pilots who fly in and out of the biggest hubs can earn as much as £185,000 per year.

BALPA are wanting to negotiate - BALPA’s detailed claim on behalf of its members was submitted in March 2019 and since then none of list of items it contains – including pensions; loss of licence insurance; maternity benefits; allowances; and a fair, transparent, and consistent pay structure -- has been progressed at all.

Not true though is it?
The salary of Ryanair pilots depends on a series of factors - such as the type of aircraft flown and length of service.

According to salary tracking website PayScale, the salary of a commercial pilot fly a jet at the company varies from £40,000 to £105,000 per year.
For a commercial pilot flying a corporate jet, however, the salary is slightly higher.

PayScale estimates the salary of those pilots goes up to between £41,000 and £143,000 per year.

Other estimates have said pilots who fly in and out of the biggest hubs can earn as much as £185,000 per year.

BALPA are wanting to negotiate - BALPA’s detailed claim on behalf of its members was submitted in March 2019 and since then none of list of items it contains – including pensions; loss of licence insurance; maternity benefits; allowances; and a fair, transparent, and consistent pay structure -- has been progressed at all.
Unfortunately the grievances may affect the third party, this being customers who have booked in good faith and probably will have a knock on affect on passenger numbers who from a holiday perspective won't be in a hurry to book again even though a compensation procedure exists. How the company is still taking bookings on proposed strike dates is an insult mind and should be treat with the contempt it deserves.

Back