Ryanair Bloke : Michael O'Leary

• Thread starter Deleted member 14766
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 14766

I've searched but couldn't immediately find any reference to the interview on BBC Breakfast this morning. Sorry if SEB

The bit I saw was basically critical of the UK Govts Portugal Travel announcement etc but also generally critical of the entire approach to travel restrictions.

His opinion was that Europe wide travel should be allowed for UK population because of the national vaccination status and that any concerns were ill-founded.

He used a lot glib dismissive phrases such as 'variant, scariant' and talked a lot of arrogant shite (whether you agree with his general opinion or not) that will, I'm sure, get a lot of peoples backs up - particularly those who have contracted the virus or have loved ones who've been effected. He basically said that if you had been vaccinated, the chances of you being ill, taken to hospital or dying were zero and that the vaccine was effective against the Indian variant so what's the fuss. The interviewer was remarkably reluctant to challenge him on anything. Even when he talked utter and absolute shite about Ryanair's refund policy and processes - which anybody who'd tried to get a refund from his company would be able to challenge as a complete lie.

Some Michael O'Leary quotes:

"If drink sales are falling off, we get the pilots to engineer a bit of turbulence. That usually spikes sales."
"Anyone who looks like sleeping, we wake them up to sell them things."
"One thing we have looked at is maybe putting a coin slot on the toilet door, so that people might actually have to spend a pound to spend a penny in the future. Pay-per-pee. If someone wanted to pay £5 to go to the toilet, I'd carry them myself. I would wipe their bums for a fiver."
"The most influential person in Europe in the last 20 to 30 years has been Margaret Thatcher. Without her we'd all be living in some French bloody unemployed republic."
"I'm Europe's most underpaid and underappreciated boss. I'm paid about 20 times more than the average Ryanair employee and I think the gap should be wider."
"People either see me as Jesus, Superman or an odious little s**t. I think I'm Jesus. A prophet in his own time."
"I should get the Nobel peace prize".

Actually, reading those back, he reminds me of a poster on here :lol:

And what’s that? “Fuck people’s health, I’m losing money so let’s get planes full and flying”

To be fair that's the attitude of most of the aviation sector.

Only 3 weeks ago they were lobbying hard to do away with travel testing. Then yesterday when the government slammed the brakes on all of a sudden, their spokespeople were spouting 'well of course there's testing in place'.

I've searched but couldn't immediately find any reference to the interview on BBC Breakfast this morning. Sorry if SEB

The bit I saw was basically critical of the UK Govts Portugal Travel announcement etc but also generally critical of the entire approach to travel restrictions.

His opinion was that Europe wide travel should be allowed for UK population because of the national vaccination status and that any concerns were ill-founded.

He used a lot glib dismissive phrases such as 'variant, scariant' and talked a lot of arrogant shite (whether you agree with his general opinion or not) that will, I'm sure, get a lot of peoples backs up - particularly those who have contracted the virus or have loved ones who've been effected. He basically said that if you had been vaccinated, the chances of you being ill, taken to hospital or dying were zero and that the vaccine was effective against the Indian variant so what's the fuss. The interviewer was remarkably reluctant to challenge him on anything. Even when he talked utter and absolute shite about Ryanair's refund policy and processes - which anybody who'd tried to get a refund from his company would be able to challenge as a complete lie.
He’s an arsehole who cares for nothing and no one but himself. He’s interested in the virus and how it’s dealt with only insofar as it affects him.

They are scariants though, literally no more deadly than the original.

The world's billionaire elites are absolutely milking Covid and laughing all the way to the bank.

Eight of the top ten world's richest men are in big tech. They couldn't care less about airlines surviving or O'Leary. They want us living in smart cities and net zero carbon emissions.

Holidays will be for the rich again only.

You're going after a bloke who's being screwed over while you probably worship Bill Gates.

They are scariants though, literally no more deadly than the original.

The world's billionaire elites are absolutely milking Covid and laughing all the way to the bank.

Eight of the top ten world's richest men are in big tech. They couldn't care less about airlines surviving or O'Leary. They want us living in smart cities and net zero carbon emissions.

Holidays will be for the rich again only.

You're going after a bloke who's being screwed over while you probably worship Bill Gates.

i don’t ‘worship bill gates’ like. :lol:

He is a horrible unscrupulous bloke Michael tbf. He’s exactly the same in the Horse racing world where he/is was a very high profile owner.

Back