Ryan Campbell Interview

Good interview. Nice to hear his thoughts and some of his plans, for next year and beyond.
Who was the interviewer ?
He spoke as much, if not more than Campbell ! The world's longest questions ?

Is the person interviewing him the lad who was on commentary alongside Marty occasionally? I think he was a Durham uni student and is trying to get into journalism, at least that's what I gathered.

Overseas bowler will be announced very shortly,presumably then terms agreed and just awaiting signing off.
Did he also say that Daniel Hogg is 6' 8" tall?

Good talker Cambo and obviously very positive after Durhams season. Pleased he addressed the poor t20 form which continued and specifically gave the areas they need to improve on.
Not sure if there will be anymore signings after overseas opening bowler but sounds like Ackerman is going to play a key role in all forms as an allrounder and Parkinson as an attacking spinner.
Overseas bowler will be announced very shortly,presumably then terms agreed and just awaiting signing off.
He definitely fancies Hogg thats about 3 or 4 times he has talked about this laf in interviews or on commentary that i havd heard.

Last edited:

he must have shot up this year like. had a chat with him at the racecourse in preseason and a tall lad but didn't look 6' 8''. maybe i was stood on the bank whilst chatting to him :lol: :lol:

Will have a listen, any one listed to it, does it mention any further signings?
I didn't hear any.

One thing he did say was that when he had a chance to come to Durham and was mulling it over he was getting messages from Aussies such as Boon and DiVenuto saying 'go to Durham mate, go to Durham'. So those guys have fond memories of the place.

Another thing was that he had the chance to go to another County at the same time and what was he was going over in his mind was 'where can I make the greatest impact?' so he looked at the squads and Durham's squad was far and away the better one, and (without mentioning names) he thought they vastly under performed the previous season and wondered why(?) then decided he wouldn't be the martinet and when someone did something wrong, as everyone does, they wouldn't be berated but rather encouraged.

I didn't hear any.

One thing he did say was that when he had a chance to come to Durham and was mulling it over he was getting messages from Aussies such as Boon and DiVenuto saying 'go to Durham mate, go to Durham'. So those guys have fond memories of the place.

Another thing was that he had the chance to go to another County at the same time and what was he was going over in his mind was 'where can I make the greatest impact?' so he looked at the squads and Durham's squad was far and away the better one, and (without mentioning names) he thought they vastly under performed the previous season and wondered why(?) then decided he wouldn't be the martinet and when someone did something wrong, as everyone does, they wouldn't be berated but rather encouraged.
He made the right decision. We won the league by some distance while the other county resorted to literally trying to trip up their opponents in a bid to get promoted.

Back