Ryan Adams has been a naughty boy.

Why, what happened?

Well if I recall they were just killing time and spending a lot of time down the drive ins...

Pretty much exactly what I was going to say. I’m a massive RA fan and hope this turns out to be fault. However with Phoebe Bridger coming out to criticise him I suspect it may be true..

Was just curious - does Phoebe Bridgers coming out with this info make it more viable than the other women?

Last edited:
Was just curious - does Phoebe Bridgers coming out with this info make it more viable than the other women?
She’s already reasonably well known and well respected in indie-rock circles and has just released an album with Conor Oberst. Unlike some “I could have been big” types she doesn’t have as much to gain by coming out with something like this, and if the allegations turn out to be false she has a lot more to lose.

https://amp.theguardian.com/music/2019/feb/14/the-ryan-adams-allegations-are-the-tip-of-an-indie-

“Male misogynist acts are examined for nuance and defended as traits of ‘difficult’ artists, [while] women and those who call them out are treated as hysterics who don’t understand art”

Never liked him or his music but I’ve never heard anyone say this?

Fixed the link for you: The Ryan Adams allegations are the tip of an indie-music iceberg | Laura Snapes

"So-called alternative musicians pride themselves on being more enlightened than their rock counterparts, but in my years of writing about them, I have found no end of ‘beta male misogyny’"

Beta Male misogyny - well colour me surprised :lol:

A musical hero of mine, anyone can see the bloke is and always has been a pure arsepiece, but you could separate the man from the music. Different story if he turns out to be a toucher like.
More or less what I was going to say, he's probably my favourite artist of the last 20 years ever since I bought a Whiskeytown CD from Our Price in Durham market square, absolutely love his music but he is a tosser.

How's that like?

They did BBC songwriters circle together with Janis Ian. He was being a bellend, refusing to play/do backing vocals on the others songs etc which is customary between the acts and complaining they played over his. Supposedly all things they'd done in rehearsal. Finn took exception and had a go at him on stage. Don't think it made the final cut though!

They did BBC songwriters circle together with Janis Ian. He was being a bellend, refusing to play/do backing vocals on the others songs etc which is customary between the acts and complaining they played over his. Supposedly all things they'd done in rehearsal. Finn took exception and had a go at him on stage. Don't think it made the final cut though!
Heard about that.

Wouldn't like to get on the wrong side of Finn like, looks like he knows his way around a bar room brawl.

Back