Ryan Adams has been a naughty boy.

He's been making records for over 20 years in fairness. Not exactly a mainstream Top of the Pops and daytime Radio 1 artist though.
To be honest I'm not a maintream/TOP radio 1 guy either.
But honestly never heard of him.
Was/Is he in band? Wat sort (Not mainstream) music?

Last edited:

To be honest I'm not a maintream/TOP radio 1 guy either.
But honestly never heard of him.
Was/Is he in band? Wat sort (Not mainstream) music?

Was in a band called Whiskeytown who made 3 albums of pretty good Americana/country rock. He's since released about 16 albums. The first two, Heartbreaker and Gold are both superb, since then the quality has varied a bit and, at times, he's been retreading the same old pattern. His gigs can be brilliant or boring.

Was in a band called Whiskeytown who made 3 albums of pretty good Americana/country rock. He's since released about 16 albums. The first two, Heartbreaker and Gold are both superb, since then the quality has varied a bit and, at times, he's been retreading the same old pattern. His gigs can be brilliant or boring.
Cheers, not heard the band but must admit Americana/Country Rock not my cuppa tea so probably not too interested from that point.
Suppose he's not (until now) been too controversial where I've noticed plus I've lost a bit of touch in last 5/7 years

Had a love/hate relationship with him for about 20 years..... started at Edinburgh Usher Hall in the early 2000s, he was a right ignorant twat when my brother and I saw him outside the venue and waited for an autograph.

Saw him in Liverpool when he was so pissed he fell off stage and broke his arm, saw him in Manchester when he was so pissed he wasn’t making any sense. Against my better judgement I went to his gig at the sage last year and as one of the posters has previously said.... he was incredibly boring & dull. I had already decided to give his Newcastle Academy gig this year a miss before all this.

I had always had the impression he was quite a unlikeable fella.

His last few albums have been bang average anarl, with the exception of one or two tracks.

His output seemed to tail off around post ‘easy tiger’, about the same time he got off the gear iirc? Ashes and fire probably his last good album for me. Be lucky if I’ve played prisoner 4 times. As mentioned in a previous post Definitely seems a loathsome individual like.

Back