Russian Jets Swarm HMS Duncan

Russia's foreign policy is basically reminding everyone not to cross them.

Mind they aren't wrong, a Tu-22 can carry an awful lot of anti ship missiles.

I think the Russians are very naïve playing games like this, The ship wouldn't even have to fire any missiles in order to take the jet out of the sky's

Depends on what type of planes they were as to whether they posed much of a threat.
That Firefox the Russians had was a bloody good plane. Luckily Clint stole the prototype so that was the end of that.
One thing I didn't like about it though was having to think in Russian to shoot the missiles. By the time you'd thought about it and then said fire no2 missile it would have been quicker to just press a big red button marked - FIRE.:neutral:

That Firefox the Russians had was a bloody good plane. Luckily Clint stole the prototype so that was the end of that.
One thing I didn't like about it though was having to think in Russian to shoot the missiles. By the time you'd thought about it and then said fire no2 missile it would have been quicker to just press a big red button marked FIRE.:neutral:
Imagine thinking in Geordie. By the time you got the pasty out of your mind it would be too late :eek:

If the Russians continue to block access to the sea of azov, why doesn't Turkey and it's not allies just block off the dardannals, it would be exactly what they are doing to the Ukrainians.

If the Russians continue to block access to the sea of azov, why doesn't Turkey and it's not allies just block off the dardannals, it would be exactly what they are doing to the Ukrainians.

because i dont think theres any sort of specific equivalent to the Montreaux Convention in place for the Sea of Azov (probably because its never been needed)

(and I think the Russians could/would argue that UNCLOS does'nt apply because the straights are'nt in Ukrainian territorial waters)

Back