Russian Jets Swarm HMS Duncan

But they were allowed to approach. The response I made was in regards to the post about some jets being better than others and that we could knack the old ones....... however, no jets were knacked
Yeah the ship was in international waters, they are allowed to. Had they of started to paint the ship with their radar I think it would have been a different response.

They've got loads of old shitty ones and a few very, very good ones. The ship could have shot down all the crap ones before they got anywhere near the ship

Could they have managed to do that? A lot of firepower and anti-shipping missiles on them planes and a lot of sams on the boat.
I’d back the Russians in that situation with all them planes.

If and that's a big if it had the missiles on board they were probably locked away. We went to see all the time with no missiles on board. Deployed to the gulf with no harpoon.

Could they have managed to do that? A lot of firepower and anti-shipping missiles on them planes and a lot of sams on the boat.
They type 45's are arguably the best anti-air vessels in the world. Theu can shoot a tennis ball traveling at Mach 3 out of the sky.

Coincidental the Riskiest still trying to show they can be a force after it came to light they have fucked their only carrier.

The interesting thing is the number of Russian planes (17). Sea Viper carries 48 missiles and can fire them at a rate of 1 per second. It can track 16 planes simultaneously. 1 less that what was swarming the ship. Crafty these Russians ;).

The interesting thing is the number of Russian planes (17). Sea Viper carries 48 missiles and can fire them at a rate of 1 per second. It can track 16 planes simultaneously. 1 less that what was swarming the ship. Crafty these Russians ;).

According to the report I read we could have taken the planes out without firing a single missile because the Duncan has the ability to screw up the plane's electronic systems.

Royal Navy ship buzzed by 17 'hostile' Russian jets off the coast of Crimea

They type 45's are arguably the best anti-air vessels in the world. Theu can shoot a tennis ball traveling at Mach 3 out of the sky.

Coincidental the Riskiest still trying to show they can be a force after it came to light they have fucked their only carrier.
Read up on their anti ship missile that they made in collaboration with India. Very nifty: Brahmos

My nephew has just had a medal for an incident off the coast of Syria last year with Russia. They're buggers for working their ticket :lol:

They've got loads of old shitty ones and a few very, very good ones. The ship could have shot down all the crap ones before they got anywhere near the ship

If the old crap predates the capabilities of the ships Electronic Warfare equipment it's actually more likely to get through.

My 1st ship was HMS Broadsword & it was the most advanced warship in the world in it's day. It was the 1st "all missile" warship in the world. No guns at all as they were considered outdated. It could track & target the RG Air Force's Mirages at Mach 2 & mess with the modern avionics in the RG Navy's Super Etendards & the Exocets they both carried.

What did get through it's defences though were the shitty old sub-sonic 1950's Skyhawks with their shitty old 1950's bombs.

It was just sheer luck that the bomb that pierced the hull didn't go off before it ricoched up through the flight deck & plopped over the side. HMS Coventry wasn't so lucky :cry:

If the old crap predates the capabilities of the ships Electronic Warfare equipment it's actually more likely to get through.

My 1st ship was HMS Broadsword & it was the most advanced warship in the world in it's day. It was the 1st "all missile" warship in the world. No guns at all as they were considered outdated. It could track & target the RG Air Force's Mirages at Mach 2 & mess with the modern avionics in the RG Navy's Super Etendards & the Exocets they both carried.

What did get through it's defences though were the shitty old sub-sonic 1950's Skyhawks with their shitty old 1950's bombs.

It was just sheer luck that the bomb that pierced the hull didn't go off before it ricoched up through the flight deck & plopped over the side. HMS Coventry wasn't so lucky :cry:
Must have been scarey as the bombs hit. I've got a scrap book from by grandad during ww2 showing damage from attacks. Is amazing how much damage ships can take without sinking

Back