Russia invading Ukraine (NEWS/UPDATES) - Please put sensitive content behind a spoiler

Sky news just now. RU defence ministry says phase 1 successfully completed and next phase is liberate Donbass region. Have they given up on Kyiv?
Maybe it was never the plan. Maybe they needed to keep the Ukrainians busy in Kyiv while the take the eastern and southern region.

If that’s the case he sent people to die over there as a distraction. So they couldn’t use a full scale defensive stance on the territory he really wanted.

Russia will never win this war. No matter how much land they take, or how much death and destruction they wreak, the Ukrainians will fight until the last one of them draws their last breath. Even if Russia installs a puppet government, they will face armed resistance for generations. Bombings, sabotage, assassinations, arms covertly or overtly being sent in to help the resistance…

I‘ve said this at least twice already on here - ‘Putin! You’ve invaded the wrong country!‘

There‘s no easy way out for Russia. No gracious withdrawal and apologies. Even if they pull out, they’ve committed brutal, unforgivable war crimes that Putin and his scum government and military will have to answer for.

Putin is arguably the most hated man on the face of the earth right now. He’s done for.

So if it’s true and Putin is settling for the east as a face saving , surely Ukraine then head east to take it back?
It makes more sense that he had this plan all along. He’s not attacked the west anywhere near enough to show he’s trying to take the country. Why didn’t the convoy move? Why did they just surrounded the city?

The more I think about it the more I’m convinced it was a distraction and if he managed to overthrow the government then that’s a bonus. However just taking the east and the southern regions he owns the oil. Meaning they will be a super power still

It will end up with the same battle lines as a month ago..
When you think of the horrendous loss of life and destruction to achieve absolutely nothing, it’s obvious there’s no way Putin can come through this. As for his propaganda, I’m sure a few will fall for it. However, if he thinks Russians don’t have easy access to western news, he’s unbelievably naive. They will know exactly what’s happening and why their sons and daughters aren’t coming home.
There’s nowhere to hide for Putin.
It makes more sense that he had this plan all along. He’s not attacked the west anywhere near enough to show he’s trying to take the country. Why didn’t the convoy move? Why did they just surrounded the city?

The more I think about it the more I’m convinced it was a distraction and if he managed to overthrow the government then that’s a bonus. However just taking the east and the southern regions he owns the oil. Meaning they will be a super power still
He might find there‘s few buyers for ‘his‘ oil. Blood oil.

Last edited:

And nowhere to sell the oil other than China who will get it for a song.

When you think of the horrendous loss of life and destruction to achieve absolutely nothing, it’s obvious there’s no way Putin can come through this. As for his propaganda, I’m sure a few will fall for it. However, if he thinks Russians don’t have easy access to western news, he’s unbelievably naive. They will know exactly what’s happening and why their sons and daughters aren’t coming home.
There’s nowhere to hide for Putin.

He might find there‘s few buyers for ‘his‘ oil. Blood oil.
He’ll sell it to China and China will sell their stock to others
And nowhere to sell the oil other than China who will get it for a song.
They’ll sell it on. Or they’ll sell what they produce and then buy Russia oil. The only thing that matters to them is their own economy

Or they are pulling the troops back before launching WMDs. 😢

Never trust Putin……
Very much doubt it......big warning from the US today re WMD.

Agree Putin is a snide, a sneak, a snake but just can't see him using that shit in Ukraine.

Kharkiv is on their border and they still haven't managed to take it.

Back