Russia invading Ukraine (NEWS/UPDATES) - Please put sensitive content behind a spoiler

Just watched a report on BBC about the Ukranians making ground on the Russians. That's good news.

It showed the belongings of a Russian soldier alongside a burnt out tank. Among those was a tube of eczema cream. My son has eczema and that image of the little tube just hit me very hard. My son nearly signed up for the army last year, but found another job instead.

I'd hate to think that Russian soldier was a young lad, who's only choice was to sign up, sent off to war with his tube of cream packed by his Mam. Hope it was an instant death.

Putin is certainly a c***!
I’d bet me months wages that he was exactly as you described. It’s always the kids. And always the kids with little other opportunities in life.
If she told you to, you would :eek:
Too right he would.

Ukraine have to be very careful here, this could well be a trap. According to a fair few military experts the Russian have been wanting to draw a major part of the Ukrainian army east and encircle them and take them out of the war, so I don't think we'll be seeing any large scale redeployments of the Ukrainian army move east.
I’d expect this is very easy to observe and pre determine.
Ukraine I’m sure have always been working with NATO in observing Russian forces and planning it’s attack and defence with the best heads in the business of war.
I still believe Odessa is on Putins wish list so it cuts off the Black Sea though.

I’m not a military expert. But I predict that the war will go on until the Russians f**k off back the way they came. They’ve done too much damage and wrecked too many lives. They have behaved like savage vermin and the Ukrainians will treat them as such.

India are already buying it at a knock down price.
I agree, it's going to go on for years but on a smaller scale and in certain areas. All that's happened so far is that the real battle lines/theatre of war in the South and East have been expanded and reset but not to a massive degree.
Kherson the city or Kherson the region?

Last edited:
Ukraine have to be very careful here, this could well be a trap. According to a fair few military experts the Russian have been wanting to draw a major part of the Ukrainian army east and encircle them and take them out of the war, so I don't think we'll be seeing any large scale redeployments of the Ukrainian army move east.

You give them to much credit -they are a shambles.

Aye, I know it, just can't comprehend the evilness of Putin the bastard. Never wished anyone dead before, I hope he rots in hell.
He has zero redeeming qualities, he has ordered atrocities and shows no regret and no remorse for what he’s done. He’s committed his forces to actions that are morally repugnant. He is distinguished only by his complete lack of empathy, as well as his total disregard for human life, as well as for (all other forms of) life itself. For me he will go down in history with the likes of pol pot. Hitler and Stalin. He’s an aberration. Another word for pure evil. This is how he will be remembered.

The Donbas is a difficult fight for Ukraine. It’s very different to any other front. The Russians and separatists have a huge number of experienced fighters in there, they don’t have any issues with supply lines being they hold the territory to the Russian border, and it’s open flat land which is miles away from the urban type environments where Ukraine can defend better. And Russia do have in some areas a sympathetic public.

Mauriopol has diverted a large amount of Russian forces attention but when it does inevitably eventually fall there will be a lot of fighters head North.

Big decision for Ukraine. Do they cede land snd bring back their vast JFO to fight in other areas or send more units East to contest it.

Bear in mind Ukraine still have vast numbers of military who haven’t fought at all. The 70k in Kiyv, plus those in Odesa, Lviv, and all the land in Western Ukraine. Particularly near the Belarus border, where they have had to keep forces back just as a precaution

I agree, it's going to go on for years but on a smaller scale and in certain areas. All that's happened so far is that the real battle lines/theatre of war in the South and East have been expanded and reset but not to a massive degree.

Kherson the city or Kherson the region?
Sorry marra. Did you miss the bit where he carried out a full scale invasion? Laid waste to towns and cities? He’s not just messing about in Donbas and Luhansk any more.

Sorry marra. Did you miss the bit where he carried out a full scale invasion? Laid waste to towns and cities? He’s not just messing about in Donbas and Luhansk any more.
I know but on paper all he's gained is a slight extension to the battle lines that have been going on for years and I think when the dust settles that will be the situation eg he won't be taking over the country and not even Kyiv.

If it's too risky to move East to the Donbas, what about liberating the good people of Minsk. That would get the Russian troops moving on their frostbitten feet.

The Donbas is a difficult fight for Ukraine. It’s very different to any other front. The Russians and separatists have a huge number of experienced fighters in there, they don’t have any issues with supply lines being they hold the territory to the Russian border, and it’s open flat land which is miles away from the urban type environments where Ukraine can defend better. And Russia do have in some areas a sympathetic public.

Mauriopol has diverted a large amount of Russian forces attention but when it does inevitably eventually fall there will be a lot of fighters head North.

Big decision for Ukraine. Do they cede land snd bring back their vast JFO to fight in other areas or send more units East to contest it.

Bear in mind Ukraine still have vast numbers of military who haven’t fought at all. The 70k in Kiyv, plus those in Odesa, Lviv, and all the land in Western Ukraine. Particularly near the Belarus border, where they have had to keep forces back just as a precaution
Like the rest of us I'm just an armchair general/diplomat but I suspect the Ukrainians will finish up giving up any claims to the Donbas & Luhansk regions if we get to a negotiated peace. Gives Putin a face saving way out, & its a big if. Possibly EU membership and some form of a non aggression pact.
The west will put pressure on Zelensky to settle.

Last edited:
"Hungarian PM Viktor Orban has dismissed an appeal by Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelensky for weapons and tougher sanctions against Russia, saying it would be "against Hungary's interests".

I didn't say they were doing enough, I said they had imposed sanctions through the EU. For the record Oban is a twat, I hope someone puts a bullet in him

Last edited:

They only want the untapped gas resources in this region.

Back