Russia invading Ukraine (NEWS/UPDATES) - Please put sensitive content behind a spoiler

Ukraine aren’t a relatively small neighbour. They are the largest country in Europe (not including Russia) they are being backed with supplies and intelligence from most of the powerhouses. It’s a country that has seen war their whole lives. So they’re battle hard.
It’s not an easy task invading a country, as it’s been proved over and over within our lifetime.

I do think Russia will eventually achieve their objective but there’s not many countries outside of NATO that would be harder to take than Ukraine.
What a load of bollocks

indeed, this is perfect for the US, they can fund this as long as they want, come across as the good guys, keep there hands clean and bleed Russia, I bet they cant believe their luck in the corridors of power.
And the high energy prices cool down inflation. Well done Russia!

Ukraine aren’t a relatively small neighbour. They are the largest country in Europe (not including Russia) they are being backed with supplies and intelligence from most of the powerhouses. It’s a country that has seen war their whole lives. So they’re battle hard.
It’s not an easy task invading a country, as it’s been proved over and over within our lifetime.

I do think Russia will eventually achieve their objective but there’s not many countries outside of NATO that would be harder to take than Ukraine.

which objective...? (curious)

I don’t know what they want but it seems like they want the east and south

:lol:

i don't think they'll get the south. due to the missile/drone threat their black sea fleet left sevastopol for the safer russian coast of the black sea and they've had to leave snake island, so taking Odessa for example is going to be a massive ask.
Ukraine is also pushing Russian troops back in Kherson.

indeed, this is perfect for the US, they can fund this as long as they want, come across as the good guys, keep there hands clean and bleed Russia, I bet they cant believe their luck in the corridors of power.

exactly, the latest troll thinks that because the global economy is in a poor place that the US will suddenly get cold feet

the reality is, the US get to break one of their main adversaries without shedding blood, the US war machine gets to show off their latest kit to lots of possible buyers, and they'll be first inline for the juicy rebuilding contracts at the end

exactly, the latest troll thinks that because the global economy is in a poor place that the US will suddenly get cold feet

the reality is, the US get to break one of their main adversaries without shedding blood, the US war machine gets to show off their latest kit to lots of possible buyers, and they'll be first inline for the juicy rebuilding contracts at the end
His posts are tremendous

I fully hope Ukraine achieve victory

I hate putin

BUT WHAT ABOUT THE ECONOMY

:D

Myth based on WW2.

They've had to increase the military recruitment age to 50, bribe people with 3k+ Rubles a month, form Volunteer battalions no-one wants to join and press-gang Ukrainians from the Donbass.

Russia has one of the lowest fertility rates in the world (1.58 children per woman) and is sitting on a demographic timebomb they're exacerbating with this war.

Ukraine outnumbers Russia 3:2 in infantry. The advantage Russia has is mainly heavy artillery.
In WW2, If the Germans had been able to concentrate on Russia in the East and not USA/UK in the west at same time, they'd have bladdered the Russians - make no mistake about that

In WW2, If the Germans had been able to concentrate on Russia in the East and not USA/UK in the west at same time, they'd have bladdered the Russians - make no mistake about that

aaah, this old chestnut

point 1. look at a map, see how far the germans got in OTL. Now look at see how far again it is to the industries that were moved to the Urals, or to the oilfields

point 2. look at the concentration of forces that the Germans amassed to go East, and compare it with what they left behind in France, or transferred to North Africa

logistics win wars, and the Germans were at the end of their rope

Would have made a great peacetime Prime Minister. Unfortunately there is never peace. Unelectable.

He's a tankie. Always has been
what snazzy title do they call the bit before Barbarossa? you know, when they shamelessly attacked Finland and Poland

Friend of mines dad was from Eastern Poland.

When the Russians invaded he was sent to a Soviet forced Labour camp in Siberia. Lots of his colleagues and friends died of starvation

After the Germans invaded Russia Britain persuaded Stalin to allow Polish forced labourers to join the Anders Army - the Free Polish - they were the forth largest allied army in Europe

He travelled from Siberia to Tehran, often on foot, to join up with British forces

He came to the UK where he trained as a Paratroop. He was one of the Free Polish who landed at Arnhem. Only died 2 years ago aged over 100.

I realise that this isn't massively relevant, but I think that these stories need remembering

Last edited:
The vastness of Russia would have made that impossible to achieve IMO. Napoleon fell into the same trap expecting them to surrender when he took Moscow, they just kept retreating burning everything as they went, the weather did the rest..

Back