Russia invading Ukraine (NEWS/UPDATES) - Please put sensitive content behind a spoiler

Henry KISSARSE.Are you willing to give your home,your business ,your assets and future to somebody ? Without A FIGHT ?? FFS what a 4kin pr*ck.
Henry Kissinger is arguably the most famous American Secretary of State. As a teenager who grew up in the 1980s I know very little about him, I think he got the Nobel Peace Prize. Vietnam and the Middle East crises seemed to be on his watch. I'm going off topic a bit but I ask the folks who are a wee bit older than me, was he any good and did he deserve the NPP?

It’s astonishing how much territory Russian forces have taken - the equivalent of an area the size of England and Wales or 30% of Ukraine.

If Ukraine had a real leader, unlike the actor puppet taking his orders from Washington, this entire conflict could have been avoided.
So Putin isn't a lunatic and would never have invaded Ukraine , FFS man Hitler would have loved you.

Henry Kissinger is arguably the most famous American Secretary of State. As a teenager who grew up in the 1980s I know very little about him, I think he got the Nobel Peace Prize. Vietnam and the Middle East crises seemed to be on his watch. I'm going off topic a bit but I ask the folks who are a wee bit older than me, was he any good and did he deserve the NPP?

I think he’s been wrong as often as he’s been right.

Although he loves football and was one of the first people to realise the issue in the lead up to the Cuban missile crisis. He saw from satellite imagery that football pitches were being set up in Cuba. Cubans play baseball. Russians play football.

He was big in the 60s/70s, very much a man of his time.

Worked under Nixon, won the Nobel Prize for negotiating end of Vietnam war which pissed a lot of people off. Helped thaw relations with the Soviets and end the Yom Kippur war with Israel.

Known for getting the job done whatever it took, getting involved in Chile and supporting the same Argies we ended up fighting in the Falklands when they were massacaring their political opponents. Called a war criminal by some.

He was big in the 60s/70s, very much a man of his time.

Worked under Nixon, won the Nobel Prize for negotiating end of Vietnam war which pissed a lot of people off. Helped thaw relations with the Soviets and end the Yom Kippur war with Israel.

Known for getting the job done whatever it took, getting involved in Chile and supporting the same Argies we ended up fighting in the Falklands when they were massacaring their political opponents. Called a war criminal by some.
... and a corrupt crook who profited from decisions to allow some of the illegal US operations he sanctioned. He also paved the way for co-operation with China which marked a new period of prosperity for America and China.

Kissinger's pragmatism is what made him such a big figure in diplomatic circles. The ability to recognise when warring ideologies/powers have reached the point where there are no winners, only losers and the best option becomes one of compromise allowing both parties to come away with more than they'll get if they continue.

There's not much room for those conversions anymore, we have a different kind of diplomacy these days dictated by the Bush doctrine of 'you're either with us or against us' and the stifling information wars we're subjected to.

Back