Russia invading Ukraine (NEWS/UPDATES) - Please put sensitive content behind a spoiler

Ukrainian MOD reckon that there was an assassination attempt on Putin - some point between February and now
They've told us the guy has Parkinsons, cancer, knob rot, has been subject to a coup attempt every week, has handed power to a trusted lieutenant and now apparently subject to an assassination attempt.

I won't believe it till the guy's being paraded in a glass coffin in front of paid mourners. He's got more lives than Chucky.

didnt realise Lavrov was a comedian, who says the Russian hierarchy dont have a sense of humour...

From BBC

Russia's foreign minister says that Moscow would consider offers from the West to re-establish ties, but for now will focus on developing relations with China.
Sergei Lavrov accused Western countries of espousing "Russophobia" since Moscow launched its "special military operation" in Ukraine, which is how the Kremlin defines its invasion.
"If [the West] want to offer something in terms of resuming relations, then we will seriously consider whether we will need it or not," Lavrov said at an event, according to a transcript on the foreign ministry's website last night.
Russia "must cease being dependent in any way on supplies" coming from the West, he added.
Moscow's goal now is to further develop ties with China, he said.
Russia would count on "only ourselves and on countries which have proved themselves reliable and do not 'dance to some other piper's music'", he said.
"If Western countries change their minds and propose some form of cooperation, we can then decide."
Russian nationalists understand exactly what it has been from the start

Russian nationalists are increasingly criticising the failures of Russia’s “special military operation” in Ukraine and are calling for further action, according to the Institute for the Study of War (ISW) think tank.
Veterans and military commentators are increasingly calling for further mobilisation "that the Kremlin likely remains unwilling and unable to pursue in the short term", the ISW says.
The All-Russian Officers Assembly, an independent pro-Russian veterans’ association, called on President Putin "to recognise that Russian forces are no longer only 'de-Nazifying' Ukraine but are fighting a war for Russia’s historic territories and existence in the world order", the ISW reports.
The officers also reportedly demanded the death penalty for Russian deserters.
The Assembly said that Moscow has failed to achieve its goals in three months, especially after a failed river crossing where a Russian battalion lost almost all its armoured vehicles this month.
This event "shocked Russian military observers and prompted them to question Russian competence", the ISW had previously said.
Article share tools

Last edited:
didnt realise Lavrov was a comedian, who says the Russian hierarchy dont have a sense of humour...

From BBC

Russia's foreign minister says that Moscow would consider offers from the West to re-establish ties, but for now will focus on developing relations with China.
Sergei Lavrov accused Western countries of espousing "Russophobia" since Moscow launched its "special military operation" in Ukraine, which is how the Kremlin defines its invasion.
"If [the West] want to offer something in terms of resuming relations, then we will seriously consider whether we will need it or not," Lavrov said at an event, according to a transcript on the foreign ministry's website last night.
Russia "must cease being dependent in any way on supplies" coming from the West, he added.
Moscow's goal now is to further develop ties with China, he said.
Russia would count on "only ourselves and on countries which have proved themselves reliable and do not 'dance to some other piper's music'", he said.
"If Western countries change their minds and propose some form of cooperation, we can then decide."
Russian nationalists understand exactly what it has been from the start

Russian nationalists are increasingly criticising the failures of Russia’s “special military operation” in Ukraine and are calling for further action, according to the Institute for the Study of War (ISW) think tank.
Veterans and military commentators are increasingly calling for further mobilisation "that the Kremlin likely remains unwilling and unable to pursue in the short term", the ISW says.
The All-Russian Officers Assembly, an independent pro-Russian veterans’ association, called on President Putin "to recognise that Russian forces are no longer only 'de-Nazifying' Ukraine but are fighting a war for Russia’s historic territories and existence in the world order", the ISW reports.
The officers also reportedly demanded the death penalty for Russian deserters.
The Assembly said that Moscow has failed to achieve its goals in three months, especially after a failed river crossing where a Russian battalion lost almost all its armoured vehicles this month.
This event "shocked Russian military observers and prompted them to question Russian competence", the ISW had previously said.
Article share tools
The bloke is aiming for Comical Ali's crown of the joker in the pack

A mate of mine married an absolute stunner from Russia.

He divorced her a few years later and took custody of their kid as she didn't want anything to do with her.

When I asked about this unusual arrangement he said "She was beautiful on the outside but inside she's the ugliest person i've ever met"
reminds me of the frank zappa song
Coach software development teams to not be fuckwits - I’m a right laugh at parties

There were Russian marked vehicles in that video as well. The Saxon was definitely Ukrainian though
i'm culturally sensitive about that a baseball bat for our us team a hurley for our irish team,, a cricket bat for our indian team. I'm struggling with our new Romanian(any suggestions?) team and not going to threat our third party ukrainian team unless one of them mistakes me for a russian
On a slightly brighter note, look who Putin's daughter is shagging.

it is actually strategically big news everyone has known about Putins kids but no one has dared print stories about them till now. I think they are based in germany (her) and spain. Might be a uk based one as well.
But if you ask me what I really think of modern Russia. It's a very depressing country which is living off the memory of its former achievements, it does not have a lot going for it, it's riddled with crime, corruption.

A reason why people perceive Russia has done so poorly in this conflict is because their expectation of the Russian army is blinkered by a historical myth based upon the military legacy of the USSR.

They still think Russia is still the juggernaut which destroyed the Nazis, when in reality it is in many ways a shadow of its former self.
thjat is because Ukraine did most of the heavy lifting in WII
Honestly lads, don’t entertain the batshit gaslighting posts with replies. Just stick them ignore.
I wouldn't even dignify that post with the term gaslighting. To successfully gaslight you have to add a shred of doubt. That was just nonsense
'

I Imagine is this theme it political or not. Kyiv Dymamo played a match against FC Flora Tallinn last week. Imagine the singers: 2 on a sides are Estonian Ukrainians and girl with ginger hair is Estonian Russian. We here in Estonia love them a lot! They are our people!
I love the sentiment and i wish this was the world I live in but i'm afraid I'm more of two eyes for an eye kind of guy so the bastard can't do it again.

Last edited:

Back