Running up steps = Hiit?

Status
Not open for further replies.

bonsai

Winger
Lost Magpie
There is a set of 110 steps that i pass midway during my 20m bike ride and for the past few weeks ive been stopping and running up and walking down them 7 times in a row.

Gets me totally knackered but could you class this as Hiit?

Absolutely. My main source of interval training nowadays is hill sprints, just the same minus the steps

Absolutely. My main source of interval training nowadays is hill sprints, just the same minus the steps

Exactly this. Hill sprints are class, although very hard work. Next few weeks I'll be starting them again. I do a normal jog and just go a standard speed, then speed up every so often (30-60 seconds). Also have a few hills in so sprint up them. Works a treat.

I run from the little haven in shields up the leas and turn off at the bamburgh pub and run sll the way back, and finish by running up those steps at the law top. Absolute hell running up them.

'Step sprints' was a huge part of my training over the last couple of months before cutting out for a few weeks, along with weights starting last saturday.

Titus said:
'Step sprints' was a huge part of my training over the last couple of months before cutting out for a few weeks, along with weights starting last saturday.

If I were just running up the stairs in my home what would you recommend?

I do hiit training on my exercise bike but I'd like to mix it up a bit.

If I were just running up the stairs in my home what would you recommend?

I do hiit training on my exercise bike but I'd like to mix it up a bit.

Well I was using a pretty big staircase (around 6 blocks of steps or so), so I had more to work with, but just going flat out hitting every step and the jogging back down the stairs should be a decent workout tbh.

Titus said:
Well I was using a pretty big staircase (around 6 blocks of steps or so), so I had more to work with, but just going flat out hitting every step and the jogging back down the stairs should be a decent workout tbh.

Thanks mate.

How
Long should I be looking to sustain it for?

Titus said:
I wouldn't worry too much about a specific time mate, just see how long you can manage and then look to build on that.

Thanks mate.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back