Running thread 2023

I seem to be going backwards at the minute - base building at low heart rate and pace seems to be getting worse last few days. Suspect is cumulative effect of my treatment giving pint of blood every two weeks, will keep plodding on dont have a race till October.

1 unit every 3-4 months knocks my running back for about 3 weeks each time. I can't even imagine doing it fortnightly. I'm amazed you can even walk for any distance.

Hello folks. I’m in the UK for a couple of weeks and left my Garmin charging cable back in Oz.

Has any bought the Amazon off brand replacement, if so any good or know of any other options around the Durham area?

Hello folks. I’m in the UK for a couple of weeks and left my Garmin charging cable back in Oz.

Has any bought the Amazon off brand replacement, if so any good or know of any other options around the Durham area?

Looking at the reviews and number of them would just go with one of them to be honest especiall;y as only for a couple of weeks.

I recommend getting the disc ones.

One hour easy run for me - the last run of my cut back/rest week. Incorporated Jubilee Parkrun in Spennymoor. I've also had a few donations this week so my fundraising is up to £898 (nearly halfway there 🤣) 10 miles next week and thereafter, an increase of 2 miles a week on the long run. At least the weather is starting to get a bit better for it.

Anyone got experience with running pushing a buggy?
Been out 3 times with it and it's tough going like, hoping it gets easier
Think its better if your the one in the buggy.
I never got out in the end, went to the pub for the millwall game and had a hangover yesterday. Bloody drink gets in the way again.
Been off drink since Sheff Wednesday game in the league at home. 7.45 KO and didn't get home until 6am after walking home half pissed. I've missed it at times but overall know I'm in a healthier position. I'd suggest cutting down rather than cutting out altogether. I've only done that as borderline alcoholic behaviour on too many occasions.

I'm now having to up distance every other weekend. This week is 15 miles then in a fortnight 18, then 20 then one final long run at 22. It as always will be brutal but worth it for the day, as I've Leeds a month after Manchester its doubly important I get long runs in and do enough speed work in midweek to feel good on the day.

Last edited:
Where have they moved it to mate?
On the path where you turn around the tree about 100m from the old start. Much more room at the startline, means no more running around the tree in the mud, stops the 2 way traffic on that little strech. I knocked 30 seconds off the previous week by just having a better start.

On the path where you turn around the tree about 100m from the old start. Much more room at the startline, means no more running around the tree in the mud, stops the 2 way traffic on that little strech. I knocked 30 seconds off the previous week by just having a better start.
Nice one. Makes sense like as it was a shitty start. Might have dodge over this Saturday as need to start back up.

Anyone got experience with running pushing a buggy?
Been out 3 times with it and it's tough going like, hoping it gets easier
My mates ridiculous like, normally does the Saltwell Park Run and sometimes takes the buggy with the beirn, He did it in 21:20 last week pushing him :lol:

Back