Running thread 2022

Hoping this snow fucks off sharpish. Set myself a target of 1000km for the year, closing in on it but wanted to sign off in style with a HM distance before having a break over christmas. Was aiming to do 16+ tomorrow but don’t fancy it on the ice. :lol:

Just for info Durham parkrun have posted on FB that tomorrow is at risk due to weather so if anyones planning on going there, check first.

Just for info Durham parkrun have posted on FB that tomorrow is at risk due to weather so if anyones planning on going there, check first.
Can't see many being on, although South Shields are hopefull.

My wife has just called off Whitley Bay.

I did a course check at dinnertime and it was like a skating rink

Last edited:
I'm back and about thawed out. 9 miles around Herrington and up through Barnes Park extension to penshaw and down home. Really slow, partly as back still aching but also going careful on icy paths. Hopefully weather is calm next week and can get more night 🏃‍♂️ runs in.

I'm back and about thawed out. 9 miles around Herrington and up through Barnes Park extension to penshaw and down home. Really slow, partly as back still aching but also going careful on icy paths. Hopefully weather is calm next week and can get more night 🏃‍♂️ runs in.
I think you might struggle going out on a night. It's supposed to be like this all week, far too risky imo.

Back