Running thread 2022

think must be still getting used to it, been hot where I was.

Didnt have the best run tonight, 6km, time was OK but proper knackered, where sometimes I feel great

still not worked out why sometimes are a breeze and sometimes feel easy!

It's down to loads of factors. How hard you pushed yourself in your last run & how recovered you are from that when you start your next one are the main ones (tracking your resting heart rate will indicate that) but quantity & quality of sleep, what you've eaten & when, hydration, illness (you might have a bug that doesn't show symptoms until you try & push yourself), what else you've done that day all play a significant part.

Also as a side note you shouldn't push yourself with every run, that's the quickest way to get injured. About 80% of your miles should be done at a pace that allows you to comfortably carry on a conversation without stopping every few words to gasp for air.
Fuck the treadmill ;)

Logon or register to see this image

Last edited:

It's down to loads of factors. How hard you pushed yourself in your last run & how recovered you are from that when you start your next one are the main ones (tracking your resting heart rate will indicate that) but quantity & quality of sleep, what you've eaten & when, hydration, illness (you might have a bug that doesn't show symptoms until you try & push yourself), what else you've done that day all play a significant part.

Also as a side note you shouldn't push yourself with every run, that's the quickest way to get injured. About 80% of your miles should be done at a pace that allows you to comfortably carry on a conversation without stopping every few words to gasp for air.

Logon or register to see this image

Good advice thanks

Yeah I think sleep and maybe not recovering off my last run

My natural pace in general has picked up loads last few months maybe I just need to slow it slightly for longer runs

I love it like. To the point where it’s on my mind a lot when I miss a few

A new parkrun for me tomorrow. All being well I'll be at Sedgefield.
I find it hard to drag myself out on these dark miserable nights. I've got to start improving this and getting 4 runs a week in again.
Woo hoo. 30 secs under my best this morning Sedgefield. 0fficial time of 30m 36 and Garmin 30m 30s. So pleased to finally get under 31m. Going up the hill second time nearly finished me like. Tx
Woops just realised I was on automatic when I did my last post (which joined my previous one) and signed off with a x like I was sending a text and I can't blooming edit it. Sorry folks....it's a girl thing 😀.

Last edited:
A new parkrun for me tomorrow. All being well I'll be at Sedgefield.
I find it hard to drag myself out on these dark miserable nights. I've got to start improving this and getting 4 runs a week in again.
Woo hoo. 30 secs under my best this morning Sedgefield. 0fficial time of 30m 36 and Garmin 30m 30s. So pleased to finally get under 31m. Going up the hill second time nearly finished me like. Tx
Woops just realised I was on automatic when I did my last post (which joined my previous one) and signed off with a x like I was sending a text and I can't blooming edit it. Sorry folks....it's a girl thing 😀.

Brilliant effort, well done! Always mint breaking a PB!

Have a crack at CLS, that’s defo a PB course!

Well done.

Anyone looking at starting or getting back into running, then Sunderland Strollers beginners is starting on 9th Jan. Can sign up online for £10 or turn up and pay £1 a week. It's a 16 week program that will have you running 5 mile non stop by about week 12.
Great bunch of lads and lasses, some even post on here

Anyone looking at starting or getting back into running, then Sunderland Strollers beginners is starting on 9th Jan. Can sign up online for £10 or turn up and pay £1 a week. It's a 16 week program that will have you running 5 mile non stop by about week 12.

Way I'm running I should sign up but as I'm already a member maybe not 🤣

How beginner is beginner? My better half might be interested in this but she’s scared of slowing everyone down.

Did an easy plod tonight. 2nd night in a row and slower than first. Battling back pain but getting moving. I'll be out Wednesday and Friday ideally. Going to keep at the 10ks and gradually increase distance from Christmas onwards.
My last run was almost 2 weeks ago, wed night club session down the sea front. I enjoyed it, but have since been loaded with cold and a cough.
Hoping to get out along the trails at the weekend
How beginner is beginner? My better half might be interested in this but she’s scared of slowing everyone down.
Owt from those who would struggle to get to the end of their street to those who have done a few park runs or ran on the past and are looking to get back into it.
Usually have 6 groups based upon current fitness/abilities and each group will have front and back markers and if the group gets too spread out there's plenty of re grouping.
Each group will go at their own pace and slowly build up the distance week by week. No danger that she'll slow anyone down

Last edited:
My last run was almost 2 weeks ago, wed night club session down the sea front. I enjoyed it, but have since been loaded with cold and a cough.
Hope it goes well for you. Struggled since York but the long road to manchester starts from December. I think its helped its not been windy. I can run in the cold, rain or snow but I hate wind.

Wind and heat I hate.
I think mentally I'm telling myself I'll start proper again in Jan and get some proper half marathon in this year for sunlun half
Think Sunderland and pier to pier are close to Leeds marathon and just after Manchester. My intention is to do all just very slowly to keep moving in between the 2 marathons. I'm binning off raby Castle and penshaw as they couldn't even bother with a proper medal so I'll be loading mileage into April/may and picking and choosing races in the warmer weather as I too dislike the heat.

Think Sunderland and pier to pier are close to Leeds marathon and just after Manchester. My intention is to do all just very slowly to keep moving in between the 2 marathons. I'm binning off raby Castle and penshaw as they couldn't even bother with a proper medal so I'll be loading mileage into April/may and picking and choosing races in the warmer weather as I too dislike the heat.
Aye wooden medals are shite, especially for a half.
I'll still probs end up doing penshaw mind.

Owt from those who would struggle to get to the end of their street to those who have done a few park runs or ran on the past and are looking to get back into it.
Usually have 6 groups based upon current fitness/abilities and each group will have front and back markers and if the group gets too spread out there's plenty of re grouping.
Each group will go at their own pace and slowly build up the distance week by week. No danger that she'll slow anyone down

Class, she’s just signed up!

Back