Running thread 2022

I'm sticking this link on here in case anyone missed it before it disappears off the page but does anyone have any experience with running races in France and the medical certificate requirement?

I'm sticking this link on here in case anyone missed it before it disappears off the page but does anyone have any experience with running races in France and the medical certificate requirement?

Do you know any doctors?

Startfitness- DA recommended some socks from this website and I haven't yet got round to ordering-i hate internet shopping. I think someone may have then suggested they went there and got trainers fitted so I assume there is a physical shop but I cannot see one on the website. I wondered if there was a shop in Sunderland and I could nip in before the match Saturday?

Startfitness- DA recommended some socks from this website and I haven't yet got round to ordering-i hate internet shopping. I think someone may have then suggested they went there and got trainers fitted so I assume there is a physical shop but I cannot see one on the website. I wondered if there was a shop in Sunderland and I could nip in before the match Saturday?
There is one in Newcastle 😁

Also one in Durham, in market square but it’s much smaller than the Newcastle one.

Ooh thanks. That’s only 6 miles from me. I know exactly where you mean.
Spennymoor parkrun is cancelled this week so I may do Durham and nip along.
Not sure what the Newcastle one is like for getting your gait done. However the Durham one I haven’t heard great things from numerous people. I can recommend Up & Running in Darlington though they are excellent and store assistants are all runners.

Not sure what the Newcastle one is like for getting your gait done. However the Durham one I haven’t heard great things from numerous people. I can recommend Up & Running in Darlington though they are excellent and store assistants are all runners.
Cheers. I work in Darlington and got my trainers and watch at up and running. I concur that,as a beginner runner, both times service and advice was great. I'm only going to Durham tomorrow to get some socks.

I think I am going to do some running near derwent resovoir tomorrow; is it mainly trails & grass? I've not been
Did this today; the route around the reservoir is mainly hardpacked trail & bridle way, with quite a lot of road when going clockwise from the visitor centre. I added Slayley Forest on which was bridleway and trail.

Really enjoyed today out, hot & hard work but really nice and quiet around there. The reservoir itself, looked great but you can tell there's a drought!

Did this today; the route around the reservoir is mainly hardpacked trail & bridle way, with quite a lot of road when going clockwise from the visitor centre. I added Slayley Forest on which was bridleway and trail.

Really enjoyed today out, hot & hard work but really nice and quiet around there. The reservoir itself, looked great but you can tell there's a drought!
How long is it around the reservoir? Hot weather for it?

So I've taken the plunge and signed up for the Manchester half marathon. Felt comfortable after my 7 miles this week and, looking at beginner plans, I'm bang on target with about 8 weeks to go....I can do this.
So, if anyone has stayed in any hotels with car parks on the tramline to old Trafford feel free to give me a recommendation.
That will be amazing! Good luck

So I've taken the plunge and signed up for the Manchester half marathon. Felt comfortable after my 7 miles this week and, looking at beginner plans, I'm bang on target with about 8 weeks to go....I can do this.
So, if anyone has stayed in any hotels with car parks on the tramline to old Trafford feel free to give me a recommendation.
I've stayed at smokies in Oldham before. I've also parked at sale water Park for the tram

Accommodation prices in/around Manchester are usually ridiculous for the bigger running events so I usually pay to park at Old Trafford & stay somewhere west of the M6 then drive in on the morning.

Good turn out at the trail outlaws harbours and Bays at hawthorn nature reserve this morning. Cracking place to run, being from the dark side I tend not to race over that way .

Just short of 11km and 280ft of climb in 55 mins
Thats my local running area, love it.

Anyone see the marathon finish at Euros there? Canny sprint finish haha

Back