Running thread 2022

Needing a piss when out for long runs.

This has starting to happen more and more. Is there any way or suppressing it? I don't drink too much before the run and never had a issue in the past. However, last couple of months it seems I need a piss. Not too bad on a short run but training for the marathon is going to be annoying.

Guessing their are bogs on the marathon route but hate stopping.

This has starting to happen more and more. Is there any way or suppressing it? I don't drink too much before the run and never had a issue in the past. However, last couple of months it seems I need a piss. Not too bad on a short run but training for the marathon is going to be annoying.

Just piss in a safe place.

Physiological, it'll be part of your routine now. Just ignore it, it'll go away eventually or you'll piss yourself. Either way problem solved

Did a 5k today. Actually was a PB, 27 mins, but felt so dizzy n faint at the end and was not enjoyable

Not good. Reckon just need to slow pace down? The only way I am gonna keep this is up is by it being semi enjoyable
Were you on your limit?

Did a 5k today. Actually was a PB, 27 mins, but felt so dizzy n faint at the end and was not enjoyable

Not good. Reckon just need to slow pace down? The only way I am gonna keep this is up is by it being semi enjoyable
A word of warning. It takes a while before it's enjoyable. Get through the first few weeks and it's starts getting easier. Then a little while later you start to wonder how you got through life without running :cool:

A word of warning. It takes a while before it's enjoyable. Get through the first few weeks and it's starts getting easier. Then a little while later you start to wonder how you got through life without running :cool:

I was living in Portugal last year for a bit mate when I started and was really enjoying it there by the end always felt I could do more. Dunno if it was weather or diet or someit

Few months off and a bout of Covid and it’s like I’m just praying to get to 5km, hell!

Hope you’re right. How often should I do it you think, every other day? Any tips are greatly appreciated

I was living in Portugal last year for a bit mate when I started and was really enjoying it there by the end always felt I could do more. Dunno if it was weather or diet or someit

Few months off and a bout of Covid and it’s like I’m just praying to get to 5km, hell!

Hope you’re right. How often should I do it you think, every other day? Any tips are greatly appreciated
Every other day mate. Just do what you can and then just small increases when you feel like you can go further. Don't try and do too much too quickly.

Yeh, you're trying to race, take your foot off the gas.

Agreed, cheers good shout
I want to run this year pain free, my 5k times are getting slower and slower, in 2007 I was running 5k in 18:30, now I have to push it to get it under 5 mins a kilometre. Hamstring, Achilles, torn muscles, I've suffered them all last year.
This year I just want to run at least 20k a week 6, 7, 7.

I'm not bothering about speed now, just get the miles under my belt.

Blows my mind that anyone can run 5k in 18:30 mind!

Last edited:
Agreed, cheers good shout

Blows my mind that anyone can run 5k in 18:30 mind!
In the army I was sub 16 minutes for 5k. Only 7 years ago I ran 5k in 19:45 and I was 48, now at 55 I've slowed right down. I run around 23:15 now.
I did a BFT in 8:10, thats 1.5 mile or 2.4 kilometers. Thats just over 3 minuts a kilometer and that was in lightweights and boots and we'd ran the 1.5k out to the return point.

Last edited:
In the army I was sub 16 minutes for 5k. Only 7 years ago I ran 5k in 19:45 and I was 48, now at 55 I've slowed right down. I run around 23:15 now.
I did a BFT in 8:10, thats 1.5 mile or 2.4 kilometers. Thats just over 3 minuts a kilometer and that was in lightweights and boots and we'd ran the 1.5k out to the return point.

Mental! Actually disheartens me! Fair play to yah

Doing Manchester Marathon first weekend of April.

Forgot how tough a slog the training runs are. Did a half marathon on Sunday and was bored shitless.

Mental! Actually disheartens me! Fair play to yah
It shouldn't mate, I was in the Army and was part of the athletics team and then ran for Sunderland Harriers for a season after I came out, I've always kept myself fit.

But anyone who can get out and run 5k in any time deserves credit.

I'm wowed by the marathon being completed in under 2 hours, under 3 minutes a kilometer, I couldn't sprint that fast, never mind for 42 kilometers.

Don't run for anyone else except yourself, and if you can find a group to run with and support and inspire you even better.

BTW I was shit at football, ask @D.A

Back