Running thread 2022

Gotta drop car off for MOT next month. Will run back from Wessington way to Shiney. Not flat but gets miles in. 18 Miles is impressive no matter the course. Not looking forward to those distances but will have to do them. Didn't train at all for York and scraped in under 5 hours. I'm going to look at diet and train like never before as want a decent time for next marathon distance.

This is the second time in 2 months I’ve had a knee issue. Annoyingly it’s not even running that’s caused it, it’s my bike not being fitted correctly.

I’d found the groove and was actually looking forward to each run which makes it even more frustrating. Using the time to do some strength work to hopefully ward off future injuries.

I’ve never ran the distance before, not sure if that’s a good thing or a bad thing tbh. Not knowing what I have to go through is probably not a bad thing😂

Last run of the year squeezed in this afternoon. 7 miles around bottom end of Shiney, through Herrington park and back. Slow going but not flat and canny damp :) No idea how much mileage I've clocked up yet, Will look at Strava again tomorrow. Ended year better than it started and hoping I can keep rhythm going as I ramp up for longer runs.

Last run of the year squeezed in this afternoon. 7 miles around bottom end of Shiney, through Herrington park and back. Slow going but not flat and canny damp :) No idea how much mileage I've clocked up yet, Will look at Strava again tomorrow. Ended year better than it started and hoping I can keep rhythm going as I ramp up for longer runs.
It'll restart tomorrow

Cheers Dan , soon as start body just says no , not enjoyable when running thru pain all time so bit pointless , most would just pack in or do what Pottsy did and have a full gap year, try again in the spring as god loves a trier😆😆

Make it happen 👊👊

I tried this year, but my left knee is wrecked. GP says arthritis, had various physio appointments none of whom helped. I fear it's a knee replacement ☹️

Back