Running thread 2021

not much better, but could you run towards grindon, through thorney?
I tried this and got lost in one of the many endless identical streets. Added an extra mile to my journey home. Swear that whole area is some kind of elaborate maze. THANKS A LOT DAN.

I tried this and got lost in one of the many endless identical streets. Added an extra mile to my journey home. Swear that whole area is some kind of elaborate maze. THANKS A LOT DAN.
Surprising from a man of your experience. You'll feel the benefit. Your welcome.

Can I get some general advice

Started running 5ks, and suprisngly I can get them done in 30 minutes, reckon a bit faster when I know my limts.

Been doing one every other day.

As a general rule whats the easiest way to get better?

Run 5k in a quicker time, and set targets to get the time down?

Or is the aim to run further?

I like a challenge, but its baby steps for me, any advice is appreciated.

Can I get some general advice

Started running 5ks, and suprisngly I can get them done in 30 minutes, reckon a bit faster when I know my limts.

Been doing one every other day.

As a general rule whats the easiest way to get better?

Run 5k in a quicker time, and set targets to get the time down?

Or is the aim to run further?

I like a challenge, but its baby steps for me, any advice is appreciated.

You probably would benefit by mixing your training up by doing intervals, hill reps and slow long runs....

An example is lampposts, we did a session on Tuesday night which consisted of 14 mins along a stretch of road running 2 lamp posts hard effort and 3 easy then reversed it on way back.

Have you considered joining a club or running group. Best thing I did.

I wouldn't worry about speed or fitness as you would be put in a group with the same ability as you.

You probably would benefit by mixing your training up by doing intervals, hill reps and slow long runs....

An example is lampposts, we did a session on Tuesday night which consisted of 14 mins along a stretch of road running 2 lamp posts hard effort and 3 easy then reversed it on way back.

Have you considered joining a club or running group. Best thing I did.

I wouldn't worry about speed or fitness as you would be put in a group with the same ability as you.

interesting idea I see

I’ve not thought about it yet, I’m abroad working so on my own, I’ve literally just started this week

I love it like. Even though it’s hard. I reckon maybe try get under 30 to start with then slowly try to do a 10k, as that’s what those park runs are aren’t they?

interesting idea I see

I’ve not thought about it yet, I’m abroad working so on my own, I’ve literally just started this week

I love it like. Even though it’s hard. I reckon maybe try get under 30 to start with then slowly try to do a 10k, as that’s what those park runs are aren’t they?

Parkruns are 5k and if you are doing around 30 mins you will be in the top 65% I reckon. A lot of people walk them.

They are a great way of measuring improvement and meeting other runners.

Depending on where you are they have them abroad. I have ran them in Oz, USA and Germany

Parkruns are 5k and if you are doing around 30 mins you will be in the top 65% I reckon. A lot of people walk them.

They are a great way of measuring improvement and meeting other runners.

Depending on where you are they have them abroad. I have ran them in Oz, USA and Germany

lisbon I’ll have a look mate, cheers

might try to do 6km next week and then 1km each week till 10km

Anyone on here doing the Middlesbrough 10k? I am wondering where would be best to park. I know some of the roads will be closed and I don’t know boro at all so feeling a bit anxious. I will be driving in from the A19 coming from Peterlee. Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks 😁

Anyone on here doing the Middlesbrough 10k? I am wondering where would be best to park. I know some of the roads will be closed and I don’t know boro at all so feeling a bit anxious. I will be driving in from the A19 coming from Peterlee. Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks 😁
Used to be easy to park when it was in Acklam. Imagine there’ll be loads of paid parking in town centre though.

If you want free parking I’d look north of the train station around Vulcan St

Anyone do the Cross Country at lambton yesterday. Still having nightmares about those 2 hills
Yeah i did it, had a cold since wednesdsy so struggled with my chest, especially on the hills. The 2nd one wasnt part of course last time. Canny venue tho, even tho it took me 20 mins to get from gate to car park! The hardest one next imho, Aykley Heads. Think I missing it tho.

Back