Running thread 2021

Sounds interesting that like. Got a line mate?

I've started running home from work occasionally again. There can't be many more spirit sapping straights than the bottom of Bede bank to the start of Herra mind. :lol:
not much better, but could you run towards grindon, through thorney?

not much better, but could you run towards grindon, through thorney?
All you've done there is recommended a spirit sapping bendy route Dan mate.

I mean there's no fun route like. Might extend it a bit and do Silky lakes for a change. 😐

Last edited:
Sounds interesting that like. Got a line mate?

I've started running home from work occasionally again. There can't be many more spirit sapping straights than the bottom of Bede bank to the start of Herra mind. :lol:
That sounds horrific, I've done from lidl to the board Inn a few times and that was bad enough without having to do bede Bank anarl

Marathon pb by 22 minutes at York 3h7.39 - was using pace pro on my watch which actually made me focus on each mile and not think so much about how far to go etc. Had planned a positive split and was aiming for 3.04 but last four miles had both hamstrings going and just couldnt push any faster. Got some horrendous blisters as well off the rain and clearly bad sock choice, again not somthing have had at all. Recovery time now and then on to the next one in April. Will likely do York again next year as well have a nice little pre race routine for it now and isnt too bad a course.

PB at North tyneside 10k this morning by over 2 mins at 46.40

Putting it down to my london marathon training. Felt really strong towards the end and could've pushed harder but first want to be greedy.

Winner did it in just under 32 mins
Was less than a minute behind you! Still wrapping my head around the winning time, just over 5m/mile, I can’t sprint that fast!

Has anyone had IT band/hip issues and have any advice or good stretches to do. I've had a few 100km months and all of a sudden my hip has had enough.

On the last two runs it just seems to stiffen as the run goes on. If I'm sat with my leg straight then turn my leg so my foot is almost horizontal I can feel it begin to ache as I turn. Hopefully someone has had a similar experience.

Back