Running thread 2021

I have hated running most of my adult life but this has been transformed during lockdown.

The high I get off it has been a revelation. I've stopped trying to get faster and just enjoy being out and about.

10 to 12k is my limit but might start going further. Are there any great benefits? Health and mental.
Great stuff Harry, I may see you pounding the streets of Jesmond some time.

Go slower to go longer. Increase the distance by 10% per week, you'll probably find a limit where you don't want to go any further and then you can look to improve the times.

I took up running about 3 years go to lose weight, best thing I ever did. You never feel worse after getting out and doing a run.

Go slower to go longer. Increase the distance by 10% per week, you'll probably find a limit where you don't want to go any further and then you can look to improve the times.

I took up running about 3 years go to lose weight, best thing I ever did. You never feel worse after getting out and doing a run.
Had a couple of weeks off and forced myself out Tuesday but went out last night and it was fantastic. I think I have my technique right as I haven’t had an injury for over a year. Touchwood.

That last sentence is absolutely true and I need to keep telling myself that when feeling lazy. Even a daft 5k puts you in a better mood.

Started running proper last year after topping 16 stone, got to 5k but stopped pretty much over winter. Started with a 3.5k on treadmill sunday and felt good considering. hoping to get back up to 5 k within the next few weeks.

Starting out on the heavy side, can anybody give a rough schedule. my problem always seems to be too much too soon.

day on day off was working ok before

Started running proper last year after topping 16 stone, got to 5k but stopped pretty much over winter. Started with a 3.5k on treadmill sunday and felt good considering. hoping to get back up to 5 k within the next few weeks.

Starting out on the heavy side, can anybody give a rough schedule. my problem always seems to be too much too soon.

day on day off was working ok before

id get outside and follow couch to 5km, sounds like you’d be able to start from week 3 I reckon and build up from there.

Starting to see the benefits of last couple months training, is weird plod along at the same pace for 6-8 weeks and then suddenly get a big benefit showing all at once. Did my faster sub LT run this morning and got PB's at 10k, 15k and 10 miles over the course of it.

Got acess to the Hoka sale yesterday and managed to pick up two pairs for £120 which was pleased with, way cheaper than on any other site at the minute.

Starting to see the benefits of last couple months training, is weird plod along at the same pace for 6-8 weeks and then suddenly get a big benefit showing all at once. Did my faster sub LT run this morning and got PB's at 10k, 15k and 10 miles over the course of it.

Got acess to the Hoka sale yesterday and managed to pick up two pairs for £120 which was pleased with, way cheaper than on any other site at the minute.
Is that a secret sale?

Back