Running thread 2021

The key is to get out before it kicks in. I was the same like. Sean called us idiots.
Aye he said you were bad too. Got back home, worked my way through 4 litres of water and a massive curry
Nothing will get me out of the house if I’m feeling like that, well done.
Was grim like. Legs looked about half the size they usually do by the end I was so dehydrated. Was silly doing ten miles really but all good for the mental toughness

Last edited:

Aye he said you were bad too. Got back home, worked my way through 4 litres of water and a massive curry

Was grim like. Legs looked about half the size they usually do by the end I was so dehydrated. Was silly doing ten miles really but all good for the mental toughness

Fair play, I was hanging yesterday and ate dreadful, wasn’t sure how I’d be today but felt surprisingly good.

143 miles for Feb, lack of motivation for whatever reason after a good January so way short of my 270 mile target.

March aims
Goggins Challange
250+ miles
100 miles of walking supporting our lass do the WWF challange
Get out on the Bike cople of times
Lose 3-4 lbs

Pretty frustrating week for me, but feel better today.
  • Looking forward to a longer run tomorrow, weather looks great and I've had an easier week.
  • Had my best / fastest interval session on Monday
  • Spoke to Lakeland 5 passes and they've given option to defer to 2022 or to the Lakeland 4 passes in September - deciding that soon.
  • Joined the Sunderland Strollers this week, hoping to find people I can run places like Northumbrian Hills with ..don't really like driving up my own.
  • Pleased parkrun is back, but will be running Ullswater 20 mile on the return date.
  • Signing up for the Windermere Lap in September this weekend
It's a great club, everyone I've met has been spot on. Club sessions hopefully back on after the easement on 29th March

Are those runs out of Ashbrooke? Looking forward to it!
Aye, Wednesday nights the main club night. I run in D pack at the minute, but I'm guessing you'll be a or b pack?

There's other runs during the week too, they're on the website, but will probs get out on the Facebook page when those are restarting

I only joined in September, and only started running last January

Aye, Wednesday nights the main club night. I run in D pack at the minute, but I'm guessing you'll be a or b pack?

There's other runs during the week too, they're on the website, but will probs get out on the Facebook page when those are restarting

I only joined in September, and only started running last January
I don’t think I’d be in A from looking at the criteria quite a while ago, but can set goals about progressing up from whichever group it is I am in 👍 It sounds good, and another thing to look forward to as things open up. I'd like to go to the track the nights they have it as well 🏃‍♂️

I don’t think I’d be in A from looking at the criteria quite a while ago, but can set goals about progressing up from whichever group it is I am in 👍 It sounds good, and another thing to look forward to as things open up. I'd like to go to the track the nights they have it as well 🏃‍♂️
I find it's much better running in a group for motivation, especially when doing a hill session!
I enjoy the track sessions too.
I'm thinking about giving c pack a try when they resume.

I've talked myself into getting back into running after around a 10 year hiatus with a dodgy knee. 10ish years ago I was doing 10k in around 55 mins.

Tomorrow is the day to start back up again. I know I'm going to go out, try to run at what I remember to be a decent pace for me and be fucked after about 5 mins which is going to cause me to be annoyed at myself for wrapping in in the first place. I'm knocking towards the back end of my 40s now - any idea what a decent goal / training plan would look like for someone as lapsed as myself?

I've talked myself into getting back into running after around a 10 year hiatus with a dodgy knee. 10ish years ago I was doing 10k in around 55 mins.

Tomorrow is the day to start back up again. I know I'm going to go out, try to run at what I remember to be a decent pace for me and be fucked after about 5 mins which is going to cause me to be annoyed at myself for wrapping in in the first place. I'm knocking towards the back end of my 40s now - any idea what a decent goal / training plan would look like for someone as lapsed as myself?
Surely a goal is what you set personally. I'd just focus on building it up slowly again. Try the couch to 5km

Going to start Goggins tomorrow morning havent deceided on times either starting 6/10/2/6 or 10/2/6/10, having a lie in till 8 in the morning or getting on with it and being done 7am Sunday. Know he starts at 8pm which means last few runs when at most tired are during the second day rather than early hours of the morning which might be harder but I want to have Sunday to relax and recover and have a bit of a weekend.

Going to start Goggins tomorrow morning havent deceided on times either starting 6/10/2/6 or 10/2/6/10, having a lie in till 8 in the morning or getting on with it and being done 7am Sunday. Know he starts at 8pm which means last few runs when at most tired are during the second day rather than early hours of the morning which might be harder but I want to have Sunday to relax and recover and have a bit of a weekend.
Good luck! I lost all motivation for it

Back