Running thread 2021

Were you struggling at the end? Would only have been 1k more wouldn't it?
Slightly, but I was going uphill and starving! Think it was more mental, as I could have done a bit extra but I knew the route I went home meant I would have been home quicker. Plus I was cold wet and hungry! Think I'll try the same route again but add more distance in the middle of the route rather than the end

Slightly, but I was going uphill and starving! Think it was more mental, as I could have done a bit extra but I knew the route I went home meant I would have been home quicker. Plus I was cold wet and hungry! Think I'll try the same route again but add more distance in the middle of the route rather than the end
Well, the good thing is you can definitely do it. If I were you, i'd go a bit further next time. You can most likely do your half marathon already, do it ASAP and you'll be onto your next goal rather than dragging it out an extra couple of month. It's a big jump from being wet & hungry to not being able to keep going 👍. You can practice taking a bit of food out with you too.

Last edited:
Seems he hit a fence or something, blood running down his shoulder. Possible that was the difference in them few seconds. Didn’t see it like so just guessing

I had it on in the background but I wasn’t really paying attention till nearer the end, averaging sub 19 5ks consistently is mental like, some effort even though he missed it.

Can anyone recommend a decent pair of running shoes that won’t break the bank? Been getting into my running for the last year, usually do 10k as an average distance.
I started running in basic sports trainers that I already had, but they knackered my ankles. I do a lot of footpath/bridleway/countryside runs so opted for a pair of trail running shoes, but they’ve destroyed my groin. So much so I have been strapped up for weeks and haven’t run in ages.
I’m feeling nearly back at full strength but want to invest properly. I wish I’d done more research before the trail running shoes because I don’t think road running and then onto muddy footpaths is really what they’re designed for.

I suppose budget would be around £70 tops.

The trail running shoes have a 7mm drop and my original trainers have a 5mm drop. From what basic research I’ve done, the height of the drop can affect which areas you tend to injure? So I imagine I want to stay away from a higher drop if I don’t want to re-tear my groin.
Thanks

You seem to have done your research mate, plenty sales on at minute. I’d stick with trails. Saucony or NB I have. Bit harder at minute as you would have to order online and hit lucky. I doubt injuries are all down to shoes though.

Having some strange bother with my right knee at the minute. Can run on it fine but lying in bed afterwards with my leg straight and there's a dull ache on the inside of it constantly to the point that it wakes me up when I'm asleep.

You seem to have done your research mate, plenty sales on at minute. I’d stick with trails. Saucony or NB I have. Bit harder at minute as you would have to order online and hit lucky. I doubt injuries are all down to shoes though.
Cheers mate, any ideas what may be causing the injuries!? I’m at a loss for explanation other than shoes really. I’m not overweight or remotely unfit, and not doing huge distances. Who knows!

Cheers mate, any ideas what may be causing the injuries!? I’m at a loss for explanation other than shoes really. I’m not overweight or remotely unfit, and not doing huge distances. Who knows!
Do you have rest days
Having some strange bother with my right knee at the minute. Can run on it fine but lying in bed afterwards with my leg straight and there's a dull ache on the inside of it constantly to the point that it wakes me up when I'm asleep.
I get a dull ache in leg when at the night games when cold gets really painful

Last edited:
Anybody else on here suffer with Raynaurds? Can be a nightmare for me on these colder days when running. Even with a thick pair of gloves on with hand warmers inside my fingers ends can be tingling by the time i get home

Back