Running thread 2021

Yeah I will definitely make sure I rest more between runs. I'm not bothered about the time it takes, I just want to be able to complete it without stopping.
It's all about controlling your HR and keeping in certain zones. If your working at 80% of your max capacity you aren't going to be able to maintain that over much of a distance.

If you are not working on speed, try and keep your HR between 150-160 and you should feel relatively comfortable, which in turn, allows you to rack the miles up.

I have tendinitis 😕

It’s quite mild but I don’t want to push it.

Any advice oh wise SMB runners?

I started running from minimal fitness on 1 Jan, running every other day. Set out to do 3k yesterday but felt good so carried on to do 5! Half way to my goal with 1.5 months to go - realistic to get to 10k before then?
If you can run 5k then you can run 10k marra. Somebody said this to me last year when I had done half a dozen 5ks and I went out and ran a 10k the next day.

Dunno. None of their shops are local to me & definitely not local to @janiep

my physio swears by calf raises. and doing a raise and holding for 30-60 seconds. and issues down below are usually from issues higher up. eg tight calves, glutes, hips. i'd suggest seeing a physio if you could! lots of vids on YT that won't hurt to have a look at in the meantime.

The Silverstone half marathon has been pushed back from Feb till October 10th. And the 2021 race cancelled by the look of it.

Gutted it's my 30th birthday weekend and running a half marathon really wasn't in my plans

Just had my first pain free run since my car accident. Safe to say I've lost all the fitness I had last year but it felt good to be out. Will just be doing 5ks for the rest of this month to make sure my back holds out before upping my distance.

I am doing the same it is just good to be back out. Did a longer one the other day to test out the leg but not ready for more longer ones just yet. Love a 5k.

Back