Running thread 2021

Really dodgy out today out in the sticks of the villages near Durham not ure how I didnt fall over, hoping snow will go a bit today and tomorrow.
Yeah went out with me new Fuel Cell shoes, got to cycle path and still ice all over! Nice shoes but might as well be wearing skis in slippy conditions. Nice day for longer run though.

He's doing it himself March 5th to March 7th starting 8pm PST. So, 4am March 6th for UK.

I need to think about it , if i'm going to do it, it'd be when there's thousands of others doing it as well.
My mate is texting me trying to convince me. It’s just the logistics of sleep that would kill me

My mate is texting me trying to convince me. It’s just the logistics of sleep that would kill me
If you & Marsden Mackem do it, or a few others from here, then i probably will...doubt it makes much difference to you like but none of my mates will be doing it.

If you & Marsden Mackem do it, or a few others from here, then i probably will...doubt it makes much difference to you like but none of my mates will be doing it.
Just seen his post, sounds like a plan, I havent asked for any charity donations for any of my running over six years but for somthing like this think I would. My Uncle dies yesterday and think it might be somthing to do for the underlying disease he had (covid took him though). Would need to check nearer the time what time would start on the Friday with work meetings etc but would make it work. So think I am in.

It all depends on my home situation tbh, waiting for an MRI appointment for my son before starting another round of strong immune suppressants so will have to see how he is at the time.
My mate mentioned about doing a 24 hour test run in Feb

Last edited:
I'm pretty sure i'll do it now having thought about it.

Also signed up for the Montane Ullswater 20 mile at the beginning of June, love running that route so will enjoy it as an event. Reasonable at £35.
Is that mainly on trails or is it quiet roads/lanes. Might fancy that. Done the south side of lake a few times. Lakeland trails fo some canny runs later in the year from Glenridding too.

Is that mainly on trails or is it quiet roads/lanes. Might fancy that. Done the south side of lake a few times. Lakeland trails fo some canny runs later in the year from Glenridding too.
It's almost all trails, can only think of 1 road crossing between Glenridding and Aira force & then about half a mile from pooley bridge back onto trails. Goes clockwise out of glenridden to PB.

I'm pretty sure i'll do it now having thought about it.

Also signed up for the Montane Ullswater 20 mile at the beginning of June, love running that route so will enjoy it as an event. Reasonable at £35.
Or run it for nowt 🤷‍♂️.
He's doing it himself March 5th to March 7th starting 8pm PST. So, 4am March 6th for UK.

I need to think about it , if i'm going to do it, it'd be when there's thousands of others doing it as well.
Is that 4 miles every 4 hours?

Back