Running thread 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tips for what? What do you want to achieve?
Ultimate goal is nothing other than to improve my fitness, I guess what I’m after is how long do you stick to 5k,should I alternate with a shorter run or try a longer run ? Or is it better to just continue with the 5k and try to improve the time!

Ultimate goal is nothing other than to improve my fitness, I guess what I’m after is how long do you stick to 5k,should I alternate with a shorter run or try a longer run ? Or is it better to just continue with the 5k and try to improve the time!
The more you run the faster you get naturally ... Plod on and listen to your body... On good days run further on not so good days take it easy... Good luck and keep running..

I'd personally improve on your stamina then worry about times later on.

I'd mix it up, so short runs and longer runs and build up the mileage.

Gets on my tits dodging people round herra Park, try and avoid along by the boating lake, swans and geese to dodge.
Went through the woods behind the monument on Sunday and even there was full of people.
Same down Deep South... Ran Farlington marshes on Sunday ,usually see nobody... It was rammed.. All car parks full...had to stop several times cos I couldn't get past family's with a double buggy...

Looking at Fenix 6x pro on Facebook market place for £300. Have people bought stuff from there before? I'm torn between buying it in cash from someone there or getting a Fenix 5 refurbished from a trustworthy site like Amazon for an extra £50.

Maps display is the most important feature for me

Looking at Fenix 6x pro on Facebook market place for £300. Have people bought stuff from there before? I'm torn between buying it in cash from someone there or getting a Fenix 5 refurbished from a trustworthy site like Amazon for an extra £50.

Maps display is the most important feature for me
There are some class garmin deals today.
And this

Last edited:
Anyone ever suffered from patellar tendonitis? I've had a bit of knee pain for a couple of months starting in the weeks after the virtual great north run. I had 10 days rest in October and it seemed to go away I ran 14 miles last week and it all seemed fine had a little pain on Thursday but it eased off after a couple of hours. after todays run though its fairly sore.

Is it worth seeing a physio or will the just tell me what I already know?
Should I reduce mileage or just rest from running altogether? if so for how long?
what exercises have people done to help?

Finally seen a physio last night for my knee pain. she said its likely I have very minor injury to my patellar tendon (Not patellar tendonitis) which could be healing itself already(It hasn't been too bad recently). she done a few movement tests and said I'm very quad dominant and which will have caused the knee problems.

Need to reduce mileage and build back up and do exercise to strengthen my Glutes/hamstrings.

Finally seen a physio last night for my knee pain. she said its likely I have very minor injury to my patellar tendon (Not patellar tendonitis) which could be healing itself already(It hasn't been too bad recently). she done a few movement tests and said I'm very quad dominant and which will have caused the knee problems.

Need to reduce mileage and build back up and do exercise to strengthen my Glutes/hamstrings.
Get some krill oil it 10 times stronger than cod liver oil... That will lube the joints.. Get some clucosium that rebuild damaged cartlidge and bone.... Sorted my knee probs out... Good luck...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back