Running thread 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
Signed up for the Lakeland 5 passes in June. Also entered Derwentwater Dawdle for April.

Was hoping to sign up for the Lakeland 50 but it’s full, so are both Lakeland trail ultras in Ambleside for July. Guess inevitable with all the postponements.

Ideally looking for a 40ish event in Spring and 50 in July / August.

Signed up for the Lakeland 5 passes in June. Also entered Derwentwater Dawdle for April.

Was hoping to sign up for the Lakeland 50 but it’s full, so are both Lakeland trail ultras in Ambleside for July. Guess inevitable with all the postponements.

Ideally looking for a 40ish event in Spring and 50 in July / August.
5 passes is ridiculously hard. Dawdle is pretty tough. I'm in for the l50.

5 passes is ridiculously hard. Dawdle is pretty tough. I'm in for the l50.
Have you done the 5 passes? it reads v.tough but with it being in June I am going to use it as a chance to get down the lakes often and enjoy some more hiking & running orientated training. I didn't realise it was self-navigation either when I signed up, but that's another thing I need to learn and get better at anyway.

Jealous of you being in the l50, i would have liked to do that next year.
Looking back to page 1 , after Wooler on the 14th I am going to make sure i get my half-marathon time which I am almost certain I can do , and i'll have a go at sub-20 5k but I don't know if I have that in me.

Last edited:
Have you done the 5 passes? it reads v.tough but with it being in June I am going to use it as a chance to get down the lakes often and enjoy some more hiking & running orientated training. I didn't realise it was self-navigation either when I signed up, but that's another thing I need to learn and get better at anyway.

Jealous of you being in the l50, i would have liked to do that next year.
Looking back to page 1 , after Wooler on the 14th I am going to make sure i get my half-marathon time which I am almost certain I can do , and i'll have a go at sub-20 5k but I don't know if I have that in me.
Aye I've done it. One of the toughest races I've done. A lot of climbing!

L50 is a class weekend, I hire a cottage out.

Looks like that's the end of events this year then, got my training stuff on now but no motivation why. Here's to 2021!

Got the Castles ½ Marathon on Sunday but I'm not signing up for anything else until the situation is clearer. I'm in double figures for the number of entries that have been rolled forward to next year already so no point in adding more.

Got the Castles ½ Marathon on Sunday but I'm not signing up for anything else until the situation is clearer. I'm in double figures for the number of entries that have been rolled forward to next year already so no point in adding more.
Me2... I have 4 roll overs for next year... 1st one is a cross country event on the IOW on Easter Saturday but I think that may be cancelled again... Gonna keep training and hope for the best...

Anyone ever suffered from patellar tendonitis? I've had a bit of knee pain for a couple of months starting in the weeks after the virtual great north run. I had 10 days rest in October and it seemed to go away I ran 14 miles last week and it all seemed fine had a little pain on Thursday but it eased off after a couple of hours. after todays run though its fairly sore.

Is it worth seeing a physio or will the just tell me what I already know?
Should I reduce mileage or just rest from running altogether? if so for how long?
what exercises have people done to help?

Anyone ever suffered from patellar tendonitis? I've had a bit of knee pain for a couple of months starting in the weeks after the virtual great north run. I had 10 days rest in October and it seemed to go away I ran 14 miles last week and it all seemed fine had a little pain on Thursday but it eased off after a couple of hours. after todays run though its fairly sore.

Is it worth seeing a physio or will the just tell me what I already know?
Should I reduce mileage or just rest from running altogether? if so for how long?
what exercises have people done to help?
I'd see someone qualified personally. Who diagnosed it?

I'd see someone qualified personally. Who diagnosed it?
Just what I am reading online really and where the pain is seems to be where the tendon is. I had it about 2 year ago but I was 17 stone then, I seen a doctor that told me to do some squats and it seemed to go away without having to reduce mileage or anything.

If I am honest typing that first part out made me think seeing someone is the right way to go. I guess worse case it could be something worse.

Reactions: D.A
Just what I am reading online really and where the pain is seems to be where the tendon is. I had it about 2 year ago but I was 17 stone then, I seen a doctor that told me to do some squats and it seemed to go away without having to reduce mileage or anything.

If I am honest typing that first part out made me think seeing someone is the right way to go. I guess worse case it could be something worse.
Are you doing your squats

Stayed away from this thread for a canny while as I've been out of action for over 18 months with a dodgy ticker and still not 100% right.
Hope I'll get back at some point but just heard that Endomondo is going the journey at the end of the year. Been using it since 2013 whether through my phone or synced with my Garmin.
Can transfer over to Map My Run but you lose stuff like Personal Bests which is a bit of a pain. Suppose I've got a bit of time to look at alternatives. Got an Apple watch now to keep an eye on my heart so I guess I'll use that when back on the road although it seems a bit fiddly compared to the Garmin.
Anybody recommend a decent app to use with the Apple watch?

Stayed away from this thread for a canny while as I've been out of action for over 18 months with a dodgy ticker and still not 100% right.
Hope I'll get back at some point but just heard that Endomondo is going the journey at the end of the year. Been using it since 2013 whether through my phone or synced with my Garmin.
Can transfer over to Map My Run but you lose stuff like Personal Bests which is a bit of a pain. Suppose I've got a bit of time to look at alternatives. Got an Apple watch now to keep an eye on my heart so I guess I'll use that when back on the road although it seems a bit fiddly compared to the Garmin.
Anybody recommend a decent app to use with the Apple watch?

Strava is the main one I use & probably the biggest.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back