Running thread 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ashbrooke cricket club. Not sure if there'll be a beginners group in Jan with covid going on.

Have you managed to get out for any runs/walks recently?
I take the dog out once a week, but I'm starting to do my stretches to try help back pain I'm due to get a date for endoscopy which will help find issues I have, I'm a bit more possitive than the past shame running isn't something iv found enjoyable in the past. My diets a lot better Which is good as well

I take the dog out once a week, but I'm starting to do my stretches to try help back pain I'm due to get a date for endoscopy which will help find issues I have, I'm a bit more possitive than the past shame running isn't something iv found enjoyable in the past. My diets a lot better Which is good as well
I used to hate running, still do sometimes.
But the couch to 5k app is really good. Get it down loaded and give it a try. You could even use it when taking the dog for a walk. Need to do it about 3 times a week.

Hit 2,000 miles for the year today biggest year by far for me with couple months to go (1,700 previous biggest) am mixing up a bit with cycling couple days a week these days to have a chnage and with the weather changing have an indoor bike to keep the fitness up. Also hit my lowest weight probably since I was 18 or somthing currently 143 pounds, at my biggest have been up to 190 so pretty pleased with that as well.

Hit 2,000 miles for the year today biggest year by far for me with couple months to go (1,700 previous biggest) am mixing up a bit with cycling couple days a week these days to have a chnage and with the weather changing have an indoor bike to keep the fitness up. Also hit my lowest weight probably since I was 18 or somthing currently 143 pounds, at my biggest have been up to 190 so pretty pleased with that as well.
Your consistency is great , impressive!

Was looking forward to that, was going to be only my 2nd event in 2020, think that's it for me this year now as far as races go.

I'm still in for the Castles ½ the week after & might do Northumberland Big 10 in November. Wasn't going to bother with it as the new route looks pants but the lack of other options hast tipped things in it's favour.

Given up on 2020... Hope 2021 will see events back on.... Just gonna train through the winter and hope for the best in the new year... Keep running everyone.. Then we will be ready when it all gets back to normal ... Ish....

Hoping the Sunderland half will be my first event but I expect it will be changed to a virtual event. Hopefully they can do something with staggered start times.

I really want to push on next year and hopefully do my first marathon around the time of the London Marathon if I don't get into that.

I can already run 10k fairly comfortably so I'm giving myself till the end of this year to get much faster at that distance then try and smash my half marathon PB at the Sunderland half before starting marathon training not long after that.

Hoping the Sunderland half will be my first event but I expect it will be changed to a virtual event. Hopefully they can do something with staggered start times.

I really want to push on next year and hopefully do my first marathon around the time of the London Marathon if I don't get into that.

I can already run 10k fairly comfortably so I'm giving myself till the end of this year to get much faster at that distance then try and smash my half marathon PB at the Sunderland half before starting marathon training not long after that.
You dont need to try and get faster...the more miles you do in training the faster you will get naturally... Good luck mate...

You dont need to try and get faster...the more miles you do in training the faster you will get naturally... Good luck mate...

@Local Lad Totally this.

The majority of your miles should be at an easy pace & if you're not going to be running any races until next May I'd even go so far as running all your miles at an easy pace & gradually add volume without increasing intensity for at least 3 months. This is called building a base. Once you've done that you'll be amazed at how much quicker you are when you start doing speed work & tempo/threshold runs on a ½ Marathon training plan in February.

I disagree with info above, if you already doing 10k comfortably then just do some structured training to mix it up. St least 3 runs a week, interval/speed session, hills and 1 only easy run as a starter.

Doing Wooler marathon on the 14th..I went for a look on Thursday and it is very, very wet & muddy plus the climbing. This is definitely the hardest thing i've signed up for...

Just read page 1 of this thread... All our goals and events for this year... Very sad we have had this year stolen from us...hope we're all doing our favourite events soon...

Ran my first 10k today. Never been over 7.5k before.

59.32. Pretty slow km times starting off as I did the first 5k with my lass who has only just started running. Got progressively faster with my final km being the fastest.

Feel I could knock a fair bit off that if I'm on my own the full distance. Could also lose some of my 96kg and not lug that around but strength is my primary aim :lol:

Just running for enjoyment and to help with my lifting at the moment, but the thought of running a half marathon is looking tempting.

Ran my first 10k today. Never been over 7.5k before.

59.32. Pretty slow km times starting off as I did the first 5k with my lass who has only just started running. Got progressively faster with my final km being the fastest.

Feel I could knock a fair bit off that if I'm on my own the full distance. Could also lose some of my 96kg and not lug that around but strength is my primary aim :lol:

Just running for enjoyment and to help with my lifting at the moment, but the thought of running a half marathon is looking tempting.

Starting slow & finishing fast is how I've ran most of my personal bests.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back