Running thread 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
First 'run' (if you can call it that) for a couple months today. Just jogging for 30 seconds and then walking for 30 seconds around my usual 5km route. Few twinges from the ankle but it felt stronger... Worse case if I'm stuck like this for good I can do the same thing for a marathon and finish it in 5 hours which I'd be happy with.

Managed only a second jog out and my ankle blew up again... The pain is in a completely different position but on the same ankle. One step forward and two back, it's incredibly frustrating. I'd settle long-term now for just being able to slowly jog without pain. Will need to give it more time and see the physio again.

Managed only a second jog out and my ankle blew up again... The pain is in a completely different position but on the same ankle. One step forward and two back, it's incredibly frustrating. I'd settle long-term now for just being able to slowly jog without pain. Will need to give it more time and see the physio again.

Sorry to hear that, sounds a nightmare!

Thoroughly enjoying the hills in the North Yorks Moors at the moment, though terrible preperation yesterday lead to me crashing and burning after not fuelling enough. First time I've ever felt like that, had nothing left in the tank in the last mile and ended on a big climb. Actually felt light headed.

Must reintroduce a bit of speed work too, still don't feel the same since my hip injury but better than I hoped for initially.

Thoroughly enjoying the hills in the North Yorks Moors at the moment, though terrible preperation yesterday lead to me crashing and burning after not fuelling enough. First time I've ever felt like that, had nothing left in the tank in the last mile and ended on a big climb. Actually felt light headed.

Must reintroduce a bit of speed work too, still don't feel the same since my hip injury but better than I hoped for initially.
Cycled from Gt Ayton around Casleton and Danby few weeks ago, some class scenery and some canny hills! Enjoy!

Yeah it was foggy on tops when I was there but really impressed with the Scenery. Slightly envious of my Teesside colleagues who live beside the area.

Under went inguinal hernia repair last week so no running for a while. Surgery was keyhole. Anyone been through this before and if so how long before you got back to running?

I’d be following a physio advice mate and do it very gradual but out of interest what was symptoms ? Had groin/sports hernia symptoms for 3 years now, just trying yo look at options.

Under went inguinal hernia repair last week so no running for a while. Surgery was keyhole. Anyone been through this before and if so how long before you got back to running?
Some people are a few weeks, some are longer. I think it's a case of getting physio advice and listening to your body

I’d be following a physio advice mate and do it very gradual but out of interest what was symptoms ? Had groin/sports hernia symptoms for 3 years now, just trying yo look at options.

I had a lump at the top of my groin, I could push it back in where it belonged. Wasn't really painful, just a dull ache when lifting anything and it used to push on my bladder which was uncomfortable

Thought I’d give you an update. I started C25K in February having never run in my life. I can now run for a whole hour - an hour! Never, ever thought I’d be able to do that. My longest ever distance is 7km - never, ever thought I’d be able to do that either. I’m not fast, I’m not aiming to go faster, I’m taking it gently and not kicking on to the next level until I feel ready. Those hour long runs are the best, but they leave every joint in my feet and legs sore so I don’t want to push myself too far. Lovely thing though running, really enjoying it. Particularly those long runs.

Thought I’d give you an update. I started C25K in February having never run in my life. I can now run for a whole hour - an hour! Never, ever thought I’d be able to do that. My longest ever distance is 7km - never, ever thought I’d be able to do that either. I’m not fast, I’m not aiming to go faster, I’m taking it gently and not kicking on to the next level until I feel ready. Those hour long runs are the best, but they leave every joint in my feet and legs sore so I don’t want to push myself too far. Lovely thing though running, really enjoying it. Particularly those long runs.

Well done. Keep going and you'll be amazed when you look back at your progress.

Had a memory on fb on how chuffed I was getting to 10k. Now that is the shortest run I do.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back