Running thread 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
Managed a nice steady 10 miler.......after 4 weeks rest 3 easy runs last week was not too bad....tried to keep it even paced

7:32 7:32 7:31 7:31 7:33 7:28 7:26 7:28 7:23 7:24

Feels like the groin strain has cleared up
Oh well short lived joy.............hammy went pop on my warm up today

Last edited:

aaahhh....I have no email

Yorkshire Marathon said:
Dear Runner,
It is with a heavy heart we are writing to you today to confirm that the 2020 Yorkshire marathon and Yorkshire 10 Mile has been postponed to Sunday 17th October 2021*.

We appreciate that this news may not come as a total surprise and that a number of you have asked us to make the decision sooner and we hope that the following email helps to explains why we haven’t made the decision until today.

The events industry has been one of the hardest hit due to COVID-19 and it has been months of uncertainty as COVID-19 has developed. Many questions have been raised within the running community both by entrants, governing bodies and event companies as to the feasibility of events this year.

As a community, and a very passionate one at that, we have wanted to pursue every avenue for events to take place this year not only for the entrants but for the vast number of benefiting charities.

When UKA announced guidelines last month for events to take place later this year we saw a glimmer of hope and carried on working on plans to put these events on for you.

However, following the localised lockdowns across the country, with COVID cases rising in areas and with the Government potentially introducing lockdowns with hours’ notice we don’t feel that an event of this scale can take place this October.

Therefore the decision to postpone has been taken and we are today confirming that all entries will be transferred to the new date in 2021.

In conjunction with our plans for the Marathon and 10 Mile we have also been looking at the feasibility of a smaller event happening on what would have been the marathon weekend in 2020 should the main event not be able to go ahead.

We had hoped by today’s announcement to have the details of this event confirmed, hence our delay in announcing the Marathon and 10 Mile postponement but unfortunately we haven’t been able to get everything confirmed so are unable to announce further details at this time.

Please rest assured that as soon as details are available, you the current entrants will be the first to hear and will have first chance to enter.

Yorkshire Marathon cancelled in case the email dropped into anyone's spam folder.
Not a surprise but pleased at least I know now. Dunno what to do now keep on training and do my own diy marathon or just go back to hadd training and see if any April Marathons happen. Some talk with someone I now of doing a diy 30+ miler in a few weeks so may do that instead.

Not a surprise but pleased at least I know now. Dunno what to do now keep on training and do my own diy marathon or just go back to hadd training and see if any April Marathons happen. Some talk with someone I now of doing a diy 30+ miler in a few weeks so may do that instead.

I'm looking around to see what else is still available. Maybe a smaller rural one. I know a couple who did Lowther Castle ½ Marathon last weekend which started & finished in Whitehaven but was mostly on trails out in the countryside.

At the moment I'm thinking Windermere on 01/11 or Newcastle Town Moor on 15/11
I've thought about Windermere before, not sure they close the roads which had kind of put me off. Did a bunch of longer runs round town moor when was livng up there last year not sure could face 26 miles around it, isnt too bad a run not much flat though.

I've thought about Windermere before, not sure they close the roads which had kind of put me off. Did a bunch of longer runs round town moor when was livng up there last year not sure could face 26 miles around it, isnt too bad a run not much flat though.
Coniston marathon 4th October - plenty of elevation but undulating, not many peaks as such. (Apparently, I haven’t done it before. Doing it this year though & the holiday I am on at the moment is not ideal prep!)

Edit: sorry I’ve just posted link & seen it says it’s sold out, sorry!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back