Running thread 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.

Decided I need to rest this Groin strain I have been running with for a good few months.......1-2 weeks off hopefully and then get back to the York training.......can't even foam roller it

How do runners combine running plans with gym sessions please?

With the gyms reopening I might cancel my membership as I am running 3-4 times per week.

Do people cross-train on days off running? Could I do a cardio class per week? 3 days running, 2 gym and then swap over the next week?

Thanks for any suggestions.

Do whatever fits in best with you mate. I was doin 3 runs, 2or3 gym and a swim in winter. During lockdown was doin few weights in house, 2 cycles and 3 runs when I could, was getting back to fitness. Then got trapped nerve/neck disc problem 4 weeks ago and can’t do fk all. I am gonna cancel gym when they reopen and concentrate on running, cycling and light weights in garage when i recover. Lifes too short for gyms which i hate. End of day depends what you trying to achieve with your body.

With the gyms reopening I might cancel my membership as I am running 3-4 times per week.

Do people cross-train on days off running? Could I do a cardio class per week? 3 days running, 2 gym and then swap over the next week?

Prior to lockdown I did 3x run days & 3x weights days & 1 day completely off but during lockdown I've managed to work my way up to being able to run 6 days a week so I'm going to do a weights session on the easy run days & see how it goes.

Currently running 7 days a week with a few pushups and planks. Have to be honest even when I was running less never went in a gym had one as a backup to run in if the weather was really awful but never used it. I know probably should do more strength stuff though seems to be a common theme with a lot of runners though.

Seen @D.A was in the lakes today...i can't wait, i am there Thursday and will be running / hiking from Friday-Sunday. Love the place. My run today was Howick 7.5m north and back, such a beautiful coast line...there's nothing better than just getting outside and running beautiful routes.

As for the gyms, one they open i'll be doing my morning runs and then an hour in the gym most days. I'll have 1 total rest day per week but most will be 2 sessions per day between running & weights.

Last edited:
Recently got some new trainers (Reebok Floatride Panthea's) , so decided to give them a proper blast and run some flat laps around work to try and break my 5k best, managed to knock off about 25secs so I'm down to 19:15! Got a new HM route scoped out to try on Friday (much less hilly) to see if I can try and break 1h 35mins.

Ordered some Adizero Pros on their launch day in June & they finally arrived this morning. Took them out for the hill rep session I was scheduled for & was pretty underwhelmed on the easy paced jog to the hill I was using but the carbon plate really came to life running up the hill. It felt almost effortless & according to Strava my 8 fastest efforts were all today with the last 3 being my 3rd, 2nd & fastest when I normally struggle just to maintain pace on hills.

Reactions: D.A
Ordered some Adizero Pros on their launch day in June & they finally arrived this morning. Took them out for the hill rep session I was scheduled for & was pretty underwhelmed on the easy paced jog to the hill I was using but the carbon plate really came to life running up the hill. It felt almost effortless & according to Strava my 8 fastest efforts were all today with the last 3 being my 3rd, 2nd & fastest when I normally struggle just to maintain pace on hills.
How many miles do they last?

Manchester Maracthon that was resheduled for October 11th now cancelled.

No run for me today, knee was in pain on yesterdays run so having a rest and foam rolling some tightness away.

How many miles do they last?

Who knows? They've only really been in existence for a fortnight but one of the main reasons I opted for these over other Carbon plate shoes was that almost all of the shoe is made up of previously known quantities.

Boost midsole + Adiwear outsole at the heel. Lightstrike midsole & Continental outsole at the front. I've had 500 miles out of all of those in other shoes & the intention is to mainly use them for racing once those are back so they'll be going back in the box once I've used them for a flat speed session & a tempo run. They look & feel much like SL20s so even if the benefit of carbon plate doesn't last that long I should hopefully be able to keep using them as a lightweight shoe for speed sessions.

Who knows? They've only really been in existence for a fortnight but one of the main reasons I opted for these over other Carbon plate shoes was that almost all of the shoe is made up of previously known quantities.

Boost midsole + Adiwear outsole at the heel. Lightstrike midsole & Continental outsole at the front. I've had 500 miles out of all of those in other shoes & the intention is to mainly use them for racing once those are back so they'll be going back in the box once I've used them for a flat speed session & a tempo run. They look & feel much like SL20s so even if the benefit of carbon plate doesn't last that long I should hopefully be able to keep using them as a lightweight shoe for speed sessions.
Most carbon shoes don't last long. How much were they?

Most carbon shoes don't last long. How much were they?

Yeah but that seems to be because of the minimal outsoles disappearing. I know a lass who bought the Nike 4% shoes & the outsole was pretty much gone by 150 miles. She then bought the Next% & they were showing serious signs of wear just by the end of a 10 mile race.

The Adizero Pros are £160

Yeah but that seems to be because of the minimal outsoles disappearing. I know a lass who bought the Nike 4% shoes & the outsole was pretty much gone by 150 miles. She then bought the Next% & they were showing serious signs of wear just by the end of a 10 mile race.

The Adizero Pros are £160
Bloody hell. The nikes are meant to last approx 100 mile. I wouldn't be using those for training.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back