Running thread 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.

With all the hot weather I've been focusing on runs with a good effort rather than speed. As a result my times have completely dropped off but as a workout it feels great. However, I saw the shit weather when I woke up today and knew it was a day for a 'proper' run. Really pushed it and got exactly the same time as my previous 10km PB - not even a second quicker! :lol: Though, it's confirmed I 'lose' about 5-10 minutes in the heat when going for 10km. Today was quicker than the 5k I did on Sunday that felt hard.

I've got a groin strain now. I did a fast 5k last week (21.30) and I'm wondering if it's because I've deviated from my usual run regime, combined with my age (48) if it's had an effect on me?

Had a bit of a shit month in June with regards to running. Not much motivation to get out. Got out yesterday, so my aim for July is to get out 3 times a week and aim to do 3 or 4 10k or slightly longer runs. I'm hovering between 5-10k at present and done 3 10k over the last 8 weeks

I've got a groin strain now. I did a fast 5k last week (21.30) and I'm wondering if it's because I've deviated from my usual run regime, combined with my age (48) if it's had an effect on me?
I am running with a groin strain........only seems to affect me on the 1st 1-2 mile then seems ok...............really should rest it but hey ho

Loved the cool weather last night as well.....nice 9 miler last night

Got 4 days in the lakes starting Thursday 16th , looking forward to that. Will be running 17th & 19th, hiking and running parts of Hellvelyn on the 18th

Haven’t felt great last few days but managed a half marathon at 2000ft climb at Penshaw this morning.

Looking forward to feeling a bit better soon

Last edited:
Got 4 days in the lakes starting Thursday 16th , looking forward to that. Will be running 17th & 19th, hiking and running parts of Hellvelyn on the 18th

Haven’t felt great last few days but managed a half marathon at 2000ft climb at Penshaw this morning.

Looking forward to feeling a bit better soon
What an abysmal route you picked :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back