Running thread 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
I had the same issue and got blisters, but persisted for a few more runs and now they’re exactly what I want.

Id personally have persisted with the insole but whatever works for you - no idea about whether it will have negative consequences, ive not done it before.

Were the sense ride 3’s I got btw

Aye, I've got the sense ride 2's. Had the same problem with my last trails (Adidas) blistering the tops of my toes. Dunno if it's the reinforced fronts... There's not a lot of flexibility.

Went for a long walk with thick socks on yesterday to try and break them in. Can't return em now so will persist and try plasters or toe gloves in the meantime.

Aye, I've got the sense ride 2's. Had the same problem with my last trails (Adidas) blistering the tops of my toes. Dunno if it's the reinforced fronts... There's not a lot of flexibility.

Went for a long walk with thick socks on yesterday to try and break them in. Can't return em now so will persist and try plasters or toe gloves in the meantime.
Got out for a run in them tonight on Cleadon and Whitburn trails, with a decent road stretch too - very comfortable. For me it’s just been a case of pushing through , plus I quite like running with blisters anyway but they’ve gone now. (I don’t know if anyone else knows what I mean lol?)

I’ve definitely benefited since turning splits off on my watch for some runs, just running to feel recently and finding my times are naturally better than what I would have done if watching my wrist - id have been telling myself I was going to fast and wouldn’t be able to finish.

Seems like summer is over now, back to only dog walkers and usual runners on the paths now its back raining again.

Downside just got some new bluetooth headphines that are meant to be decent and waterproof, MPOW S10, and one ear stopped working in the drizzle. Only listen to podcasts so wasnt wanting anthing for sound quality particualry.

Seems like summer is over now, back to only dog walkers and usual runners on the paths now its back raining again.

Downside just got some new bluetooth headphines that are meant to be decent and waterproof, MPOW S10, and one ear stopped working in the drizzle. Only listen to podcasts so wasnt wanting anthing for sound quality particualry.
Had a couple MPOW ones, they are practically disposable the amount times they break. Sent them back to amazon only for the same thing to happen again.

Had a couple MPOW ones, they are practically disposable the amount times they break. Sent them back to amazon only for the same thing to happen again.
When it comes to running bluetooth headphones, the powerbeats wireless are the most expensive at around £180 but have literally been perfect. They never come off, have survived lots of heavy rain / sweat, automatically connect when put on your ear, have easy volume control on the ear, pause easily, last 8 hours and have a microphone in the ear. The only thing i can think of is that I don't know how to skip a track, but i never really listen to music anyway so i've not bothered looking.

When it comes to running bluetooth headphones, the powerbeats wireless are the most expensive at around £180 but have literally been perfect. They never come off, have survived lots of heavy rain / sweat, automatically connect when put on your ear, have easy volume control on the ear, pause easily, last 8 hours and have a microphone in the ear. The only thing i can think of is that I don't know how to skip a track, but i never really listen to music anyway so i've not bothered looking.

I've got a couple of different pairs now. Bose Soundsport Free and Airpods Pro.

The Bose are very good but make you look a bit like Frankenstein as they stick out quite a bit. Got the Airpods pro as I was doing loads of conf calls at work, noise cancellation and transparency is very good but I've got a slip on silicone hook which I put on for running. Probably prefer using the latter now.

Last edited:

I did look at the Jaybirds as well as they what HiFi award winners, normally dont skimp on headphones and speakers, but went cheap as dont do music and seemed well reviewed on Amazon. Seem to be back working agian so see what happens, am using 8 hours plus a week so may just splash out if they do break. Considered the aftershokz as well but as dont really run on roads much disregarded them as well.

I woke up this morning, saw the cooler weather and felt no pain in my knees or ankles. I knew it was a day for a 10k PB attempt.

I stepped outside feeling strong. The pavement was my bitch. The grass fled in terror. Hills cowered before me.

The day did not disappoint. 48:27 - my very first sub-50min 10km.

Superb, new shoes have got the magic in them, we have now got identical 10k PBs!

After 10 weeks off and on due to injuries I decided to rest my ankle properly and today it is feeling fine, going to wait until Monday just to be sure but hopefully I can start getting some miles in and get the weight off me, long way to run any decent times again but I just want to get out and running again, toes crossed I’m healed and can get on again

After 10 weeks off and on due to injuries I decided to rest my ankle properly and today it is feeling fine, going to wait until Monday just to be sure but hopefully I can start getting some miles in and get the weight off me, long way to run any decent times again but I just want to get out and running again, toes crossed I’m healed and can get on again
Why don't you do strength and conditioning?

Why don't you do strength and conditioning?
I’ve been doing a lot of exercising of the ligaments over the last few weeks, and I think your right I need to do more s and c, think I will get o to that in the morning and try to build a routine, unless you have one dan?

I’ve been doing a lot of exercising of the ligaments over the last few weeks, and I think your right I need to do more s and c, think I will get o to that in the morning and try to build a routine, unless you have one dan?
I have zero plans for anything, I just blag it!
Look at one legged squats, eccentric heel raises etc

I need to get myself back out. I don't like running when it is too warm so been using that as my excuse. I hate that I can't keep my motivation.
I'm exactly the same, ran wednesday and thursday though in the cooler weather. Might head back out tomorrow, I'm a bit tight today as my running has been piss poor over the last 3 months

I'm exactly the same, ran wednesday and thursday though in the cooler weather. Might head back out tomorrow, I'm a bit tight today as my running has been piss poor over the last 3 months

I was doing really well. Going out every other day but got a niggly injury which set me back then struggled to get back into it in the hot weather. I need to though because I am piling weight on. Need to get back to work as well but haven't got a date for that.

Good run today was one of my faster SubLt ones so not out running a race or anything (and have only raced halfs and marathons) and over the course of it hit my best estimted efforts for 10k, 5k and 2mile all of which were quicker than my marathon last year, so definatley good improvement happening. On top of that weight is now coming off consistantly and have lost 9lbs in the last two months and suspect weigh the least I have since in my teens, still want to lose another 7-10lbs though. Two more weeks of this currrent way of training before starting the marathon plan. Have already ran more than I did the whole of last year as well, still feeling motivated so the lockdown been good for me in that respect.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back