Running thread 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can take a while.....I am due due £400 back from a festival I was due to go to (can't make next year) and they say it could take up to 90 days
Pretty rubbish when they have the cheek to charge a fiver for your refund though. I can see them doing the sqme for GNR and considering they were booked at some time there should be no extra admin! I've emailed them and I'm awaiting a reply. Would imagine there have been a lot of enquiries. I'll try tpo be a little more patient. I certainly would be for £400 like. Hope you get your money soon as depending on circumstances people may need cash all the more in comming months.

Pretty rubbish when they have the cheek to charge a fiver for your refund though. I can see them doing the sqme for GNR and considering they were booked at some time there should be no extra admin! I've emailed them and I'm awaiting a reply. Would imagine there have been a lot of enquiries. I'll try tpo be a little more patient. I certainly would be for £400 like. Hope you get your money soon as depending on circumstances people may need cash all the more in comming months.
Fortunately I don't need the cash but there will be many that do....90 days I thought was a disgrace, I think GNR will be quicker as your not talking the same amounts

After hitting a 50:20 10k PB a bit back it's got a lot warmer, meaning that any fast runs are out of the question for me now. I've been focusing instead on steady but strong 10ks, hitting around 55-56mins but with plenty left in the tank which I'm happy with - hopefully as time goes by I'll chip away at this a bit, ready for an attack on sub-50.

I had been struggling with minor knee issues, but some new shoes has sorted this. However, I'm still having problems with one ankle constantly going from under me, which I'm determined to get to the bottom during this time of less intense running before I really hurt it. I think it's down to having a very pronounced forefront strike alongside acute pronation - today I went for a run and focused exclusively on hitting the ground with more of a midstrike and being 'gentle' - it seemed to help, as it 'only' gave up on my 2-3 times (which is a good number!)

After hitting a 50:20 10k PB a bit back it's got a lot warmer, meaning that any fast runs are out of the question for me now. I've been focusing instead on steady but strong 10ks, hitting around 55-56mins but with plenty left in the tank which I'm happy with - hopefully as time goes by I'll chip away at this a bit, ready for an attack on sub-50.

I had been struggling with minor knee issues, but some new shoes has sorted this. However, I'm still having problems with one ankle constantly going from under me, which I'm determined to get to the bottom during this time of less intense running before I really hurt it. I think it's down to having a very pronounced forefront strike alongside acute pronation - today I went for a run and focused exclusively on hitting the ground with more of a midstrike and being 'gentle' - it seemed to help, as it 'only' gave up on my 2-3 times (which is a good number!)

What did you go with for the new shoes in the end?

Brooks PureGrit 7s. Having read reviews, the 8s have less ankle support and there was nowhere which said the 8s improved on the 7s. I had a look at the ones you suggested too, but fancied trying the Brooks - got them saved down for the future though.

I'm a bit of a Brooks fan & do most of my miles in Brooks Ravennas these days but the Puregrits just didn't feel quite right on my feet. I was just asking because the Asics Outlet site has a 1 day sale on today with a decent offer on the Fujitrabucos. If you'd decided on them it would have been a good opportunity to stock up on the cheap.

I'm a bit of a Brooks fan & do most of my miles in Brooks Ravennas these days but the Puregrits just didn't feel quite right on my feet. I was just asking because the Asics Outlet site has a 1 day sale on today with a decent offer on the Fujitrabucos. If you'd decided on them it would have been a good opportunity to stock up on the cheap.

That's good to know. I'm quite happy with them for now, especially that my knees feel good in them, though anything would feel better than the shoes I had before! I'll see how I get on but the Fujitrabucos are definitely on my list for the future.

I think my entire left leg is probably just a bit weird as I definitely run differently with both legs. I dislocated the left knee years ago and I also have some fairly serious neurological issues, so it could all be connected. I'm reading up on Neurokinetic Therapy at the minute to see if that might help.

I’m taking this evenings announcement to mean I can train with other people again from next week, providing we’re not standing on top of each other.

I normally do my track sessions with a couple other runners, I’ve missed it. Find it hard to run fast round a track by myself
I've trained with others for a couple weeks now. I do most of my track sessions alone.

Brooks PureGrit 7s. Having read reviews, the 8s have less ankle support and there was nowhere which said the 8s improved on the 7s. I had a look at the ones you suggested too, but fancied trying the Brooks - got them saved down for the future though.

I went with Adrenaline GTS 20s in the end after a bit of ponder, they’ve turned up today and they are very comfy, still seems to be plenty of life left in my Glycerins as well so with those two plus the Pegasus I picked up I’m set for a while now, unless I’m sneaking them in, I’ve spent fortunes on shoes this year by my usual tight arse standards!

With you on the heat as well, if I push in this no matter what I do for recovery I feel awful for days, some steady Z2 weeks coming up.

Last edited:
Ordered a new pair of Salomon trail shoes last week, half a size up (reviews and website said they were true to size, thought I'd get slight insurance rather than a full size).

They were snug in the toebox when I put them on, despite reviews saying they were roomy, and slightly pressed on the tops of my toes on the right foot (which is bigger than my left, class). Got a lovely blister off 4m and with the distances I want to use them for would be a nightmare.

Even walking in them to break them in becomes uncomfortable after a mile or so. This morning I've took the insole out and the fit is 100 times better - but is this a bad idea for running?? I know I'm losing a bit of cushioning but wondered if there are any major pitfalls of running without insoles.

Ordered a new pair of Salomon trail shoes last week, half a size up (reviews and website said they were true to size, thought I'd get slight insurance rather than a full size).

They were snug in the toebox when I put them on, despite reviews saying they were roomy, and slightly pressed on the tops of my toes on the right foot (which is bigger than my left, class). Got a lovely blister off 4m and with the distances I want to use them for would be a nightmare.

Even walking in them to break them in becomes uncomfortable after a mile or so. This morning I've took the insole out and the fit is 100 times better - but is this a bad idea for running?? I know I'm losing a bit of cushioning but wondered if there are any major pitfalls of running without insoles.
Should have got saucony peregrines

I had the same issue and got blisters, but persisted for a few more runs and now they’re exactly what I want.

Id personally have persisted with the insole but whatever works for you - no idea about whether it will have negative consequences, ive not done it before.

Were the sense ride 3’s I got btw

If they are pushing on the tops of your toes you're at risk of the nail blacking up. Probably a bit late now but I'd of considered trying 1/2 a size bigger.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back