Running thread 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just completed my 1st ever 60 mile week. I never thought I'd ever do much over over 40 but 2 months of staying in zone 1 & 2 & running just by time out instead of miles & then just stretching the long runs out by 10 minutes more each week has paid real dividends. My estimated VO2Max has taken a hit (although I've just noticed it's gone back up a point) & I would guess my lactate threshold has lowered a bit but my "bottom end" is now so much quicker at the same effort.

Whats peoples thought on the GNR? Will it go ahead?

Ive got a charity place, Im not too keen on doing it as things stand.

8km in Thursday and today, now running in pain though after long runs last weekend.
Problem on left forefoot, metatarsal or tendons bother below 3 and 4th toes.
Pain is manageable but you know its there each stride.
Push on through or rest?

You tried taking Glucosamine Sulphate and MSM for it mate? I’ve been taking it for my knee and it’s been phenomenal for the pain and helping to repair it like.

I never take water unless I go over 18 miles usually (been a while since I have been that far mind)
Same never take any food or water, have some cash just in case but generally dont need it, just rehydrate over couple hours post run. Not going to get that dehydrated on few hour run from some studies out there be looking at losing 3% plus before impacts performance. Have heard a few podcasts and stuff by Tim Noakes who has a few books on the subject as well. His feeling in essence is that a lot of the recommendatons around now have been influenced by the sports drinks companies.

I always do as once your thirsty its to late your dehydrated... Small sips is all you need...
This site has an offer on and their hydration supplement is top class.

Giving a months supply for free, all you pay is postage

Can’t see any of the big events with tens of thousands running going ahead this year

the pens at the start are literally like cattle being herded
Very true. They are getting lots of grief online about not making a decision yet. Email received by them saying it's down to charities and wanting to wait til last poss moment if cancelling. Nowt to do with wanting to keep cash as long as poss of course. Gn10k cancelled near 2 weeks ago. They advised of refund minus £5 but still no sign of funds. How long does a reverse payment take!

Very true. They are getting lots of grief online about not making a decision yet. Email received by them saying it's down to charities and wanting to wait til last poss moment if cancelling. Nowt to do with wanting to keep cash as long as poss of course. Gn10k cancelled near 2 weeks ago. They advised of refund minus £5 but still no sign of funds. How long does a reverse payment take!
Can take a while.....I am due due £400 back from a festival I was due to go to (can't make next year) and they say it could take up to 90 days

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back