Running thread 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
Probably already been said, but getting out for my runs has been a great help to try and not get bogged down with all that’s going on, great for the mind as well as the body. Really enjoying it at the minute, and feeling as fit as ever, positive being I’ve got more in the tank with being laid off from work haha (of course rather be steadily employed!).

Reactions: D.A

Probably already been said, but getting out for my runs has been a great help to try and not get bogged down with all that’s going on, great for the mind as well as the body. Really enjoying it at the minute, and feeling as fit as ever, positive being I’ve got more in the tank with being laid off from work haha (of course rather be steadily employed!).
I think I'm the other way round. I've been off work for 2 weeks and when I'm out running I seem to be struggling a bit. My back and my legs ached like hell on today's run. I think it's cos I'm sat round alot more so I have less energy

I think I'm the other way round. I've been off work for 2 weeks and when I'm out running I seem to be struggling a bit. My back and my legs ached like hell on today's run. I think it's cos I'm sat round alot more so I have less energy
Guess everyone’s different, shame you’re struggling mate. It’s very unusual times obviously. I think it’s a bit of a release for me to get out, and hammer some miles away.

Zero for me
Sure I ran past you a few weeks ago when you ran with Aly Dixon through Washy....think we know a few of the same lads possibly.....Mackem00 and another lad who used to run for the strollers (now a Harrier)

I'm on a rest day today, was wondering if anyone knew of a good watch that you can run with Nike Running Club, because taking my phone out to look at it for the speed runs and stuff is annoying. I have an Android phone.

I'm on a rest day today, was wondering if anyone knew of a good watch that you can run with Nike Running Club, because taking my phone out to look at it for the speed runs and stuff is annoying. I have an Android phone.

Do you have to have the Nike app? I've got a Garmin Vivoactive 3 music and I love it. Tells you everything you need to know then syncs up with strava when I get home. I can put music on it so I don't take my phone out at all.

I've had a quick look and apparently Garmin devices will work with the Nike app too but I've never tried it.

Do you have to have the Nike app? I've got a Garmin Vivoactive 3 music and I love it. Tells you everything you need to know then syncs up with strava when I get home. I can put music on it so I don't take my phone out at all.

I've had a quick look and apparently Garmin devices will work with the Nike app too but I've never tried it.
#
I'll take a look thanks :)

Cheers mate. I am determined. I have been unfit for most of my adult life. I am 36 in a couple of weeks and I worry about my longterm health if I don't start looking after myself better.

Great stuff. I started running as an unfit 44 year about 4 years ago. Did couch to 5k and ran my first park run in 37 mins.

My PB is now 22 mins. I joined a running club and now run cross country, fell races, relays etc.

I only started running as my missus joined the running club to get fit and I didn't want to be stuck in the house whilst she was out.

Keep posting on your progress as you will get some great support and tips from the posters on here

Great stuff. I started running as an unfit 44 year about 4 years ago. Did couch to 5k and ran my first park run in 37 mins.

My PB is now 22 mins. I joined a running club and now run cross country, fell races, relays etc.

I only started running as my missus joined the running club to get fit and I didn't want to be stuck in the house whilst she was out.

Keep posting on your progress as you will get some great support and tips from the posters on here

Cheers mate. If I can get under the 25 minute 5k mark and a 60 minute 10k this year. I would be over the moon. The main thing is how much I am enjoying it. I do think the current situation is part of that like.

Sure I ran past you a few weeks ago when you ran with Aly Dixon through Washy....think we know a few of the same lads possibly.....Mackem00 and another lad who used to run for the strollers (now a Harrier)
We done the c2c route from beamish trying to hide from the wind. Her easy run, I was knackered! I know moo and Steve mc.

We done the c2c route from beamish trying to hide from the wind. Her easy run, I was knackered! I know moo and Steve mc.
Aye..go back a few years with those 2.....worked with Steve Mc and we all ended going to the match together from around 1999/2000 (Home & Away)

Ran with Aly a couple of times when she has been through Durham to run with a lass a few of us run with

Last edited:
Anyone got a good pilates/core workout session. Done no strength of conditioning work for 2 months now due to trapped nerve type stuff in back and arm. Any decent links etc appreciated.

just back from a 6 x 200m speed run which killed me... my area is all steep hills

I ended up having to walk a bit early sometimes because I am not able to judge at the minute the pace I should be doing for these but better to go full pelt and fail the last 30 metres or so than not push hard enough

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back