Running thread 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
Finding runners to be canny annoying in this lockdown. First ones to complain more people are running, surely it’s a good thing

As long as it’s being done safely I’m all for it. I saw a few today that were obviously fresh to it, I love seeing it personally. There isn’t a downside to people trying to live healthier lifestyles.

I’ve put a bit of a mental demon of mine to rest this afternoon, I’ve never gone under 90 minutes for 10 miles despite repeated attempts, today I’ve done it, 1:29:44, buzzing with it with another 6 weeks of my plan to go (if exercise is still allowed) I am pleased with where I am.

Getting prepped for lockdown . . Mrs doing a long shift at the hospital today so I’ve done 12 mile on the treadmill . . utterly soul destroying :cry:

The mental strength you’ve got to manage that is incredible to me, 5k is my absolute limit on a mill, I absolutely hate it.
When I was right into running about 5 years ago, I ran a half marathon for the first and only time around the 400m track at Silky. That was soul destroying. I used to do loads of running round there and one day decided to try that distance safe in the knowledge I could pack in at any time and go back to my car in the car park.

When I was right into running about 5 years ago, I ran a half marathon for the first and only time around the 400m track at Silky. That was soul destroying. I used to do loads of running round there and one day decided to try that distance safe in the knowledge I could pack in at any time and go back to my car in the car park.

There’s a few in my club that like these endurance events, 4 mile loops, hour limit per loop, who can do last the longest effectively. The thought makes my blood run cold.

Should have been Manchester marathon today, I intended to do 5 x 5.3 mile loops, got bored and done 3 laps.

Finding runners to be canny annoying in this lockdown. First ones to complain more people are running, surely it’s a good thing

Only if the newbies are being sensible & not contributing to the likelihood of a total exercise ban. I've seen loads of newbies pulling up in cars at the local parks/beaches etc to start their run instead of running from their own home as requested.

Getting prepped for lockdown . . Mrs doing a long shift at the hospital today so I’ve done 12 mile on the treadmill . . utterly soul destroying :cry:

If you've got an ANT+ Footpod Zwift is still free for runners, it takes you on virtual run routes on screen.

There’s a few in my club that like these endurance events, 4 mile loops, hour limit per loop, who can do last the longest effectively. The thought makes my blood run cold.

I’ve mentioned this and then the lad in question who loves these events has ran, 108.6 miles on a treadmill today, mad man!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back