Running thread 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
Did you use To play Sunday league footy mate ?

There’s a great tempo route round Foxcover lane .... distant memories for me now

stick with it mate

I'm aiming for steady pace for the full thing. Always run once then leave it for months do I never really have owt to compare it to.

Walked the dog through the field yesterday and realised just how uphill that route is

8km today. Didn't fancy it but ot was fine once out. I little hit quicker today. Hopefully hit 12km on Sunday.

Can do a parkrun in about 18mins but seem to run quicker in events. If they aren't all cancelled I'll enter a couple later in the year.

Other than startfitness and wiggle, can anyone recommend websites they’ve used for buying running shoes. Thanks.

Decided to see where I’m at over 10km, 48:59 was my time, I used the first mile as a warm up as well so there’s more to come. Fastest this year by 3 minutes and only 30 seconds off my PB for the distance.
Other than startfitness and wiggle, can anyone recommend websites they’ve used for buying running shoes. Thanks.

Nike have had a canny sale on recently as well, Adidas are prone to flash sales as well, worth keeping an eye on.

Anyone know the best way to relieve tight calfs. Ive been running on a treadmill up until Feb without any problems but now Ive switch to outdoor running the same distances, around 10k, Im suffering with really tight calfs. Could do with some wise advice please.

Decided to see where I’m at over 10km, 48:59 was my time, I used the first mile as a warm up as well so there’s more to come. Fastest this year by 3 minutes and only 30 seconds off my PB for the distance.

Nike have had a canny sale on recently as well, Adidas are prone to flash sales as well, worth keeping an eye on.

You're absolutely smashing it mate. Your progress is giving me hope and encouragement!

10k today for first time ever, excluding 1 gnr and a sunlun 10k years ago. But they don't count as I ran and walked them.
Only been on three runs in my life.

1 mile in 17ish mins at 23 clem
4 mile in 39ish mins in summer

Did a nice 2.5 mile route up Foxcover Lane and down through Thorney in 26:33 the other day.

Cardio never my strong suit but I'm gonna try and run the same route a few times a week, lockdown stipulations permitting
Foxcover Lane is a bugger, did it twice this week for the first time. Coming from Chester Rd, didn't realise how high and long it is!
Anyone know the best way to relieve tight calfs. Ive been running on a treadmill up until Feb without any problems but now Ive switch to outdoor running the same distances, around 10k, Im suffering with really tight calfs. Could do with some wise advice please.
I got some compression socks that helped mine, and make sure you stretch your calfs after a run

Last edited:
10k today for first time ever, excluding 1 gnr and a sunlun 10k years ago. But they don't count as I ran and walked them.

Foxcover Lane is a bugger, did it twice this week for the first time. Coming from Chester Rd, didn't realise how high and long it is!

I got some compression socks that helped mine, and make sure you stretch your calfs after a run

It's just about a mile long start to finish and as you say, it's just relentless up and down

Finding runners to be canny annoying in this lockdown. First ones to complain more people are running, surely it’s a good thing

No worries thought i knew you

give today saying may ban outdoor exercise next

Great loop but must be wary of cars
Yeah, that's my only concern on there, there's a couple of dodgy places. Trying to pick times that'll be quiet. Rest of my run is fine, through the country park and back onto Chester Rd.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back