Running thread 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
Did a 5k today is just over 27 minutes, which isn’t too bad for me, especially as I haven’t done anything for over a fortnight except drink and eat shite. The first 100m I nearly turned back as I went really dizzy, vertigo feeling.
I sometimes get that if I don't have enough fuel.

No, tend to run on very little but my daily calorie intake is quite high so thought I’d always have enough fuel to get me by.
I tend to run fasted for my long runs and I'm sound, but it I eat very little before an evening run, I'm buggered.

I’ve been playing around with this whilst being at home. If I run Monday - Friday it’s usually between 4 and 6 so I’ve eaten 2 meals and usually have a snack at about 2:30. I can usually get through whatever I’ve got in store and feel pretty good afterwards.

On a weekend it’s usually the first thing I do on a morning so those are fasted and again recently I’ve been getting through those easily enough but Sunday just gone on my long run I felt awful

I may just flip all runs to late afternoon for the time being.

I’ve been playing around with this whilst being at home. If I run Monday - Friday it’s usually between 4 and 6 so I’ve eaten 2 meals and usually have a snack at about 2:30. I can usually get through whatever I’ve got in store and feel pretty good afterwards.

On a weekend it’s usually the first thing I do on a morning so those are fasted and again recently I’ve been getting through those easily enough but Sunday just gone on my long run I felt awful

I may just flip all runs to late afternoon for the time being.
It'll take a while to get used to fasted long runs.

Did a 5k today is just over 27 minutes, which isn’t too bad for me, especially as I haven’t done anything for over a fortnight except drink and eat shite. The first 100m I nearly turned back as I went really dizzy, vertigo feeling.

I sometimes get that if I haven't warmed up properly.

Another 10km/50mins for me today. Thought after 4 runs last week it would be getting easier but still stuck at this level for now.

Reactions: D.A
It'll take a while to get used to fasted long runs.
I hated running on mornings and performed much worse than on evenings, but when my shifts changed and the only times I could run were the mornings - after 2-3 weeks I was used to getting out of bed with no fuel and running them...in the end I think I actually did better like that.

Back to afternoons in lockdown now. I ran one of my best runs today, 48m 10k which is decent for me and I felt very comfortable and controlled..I've ran that before but at an effort, I didn't check the pace until I finished today so hopefully I can trim it down in the weeks ahead.

Only thing I am really focussed on though is increasing mileage, I want to get to 60m per week by end of April.

I hated running on mornings and performed much worse than on evenings, but when my shifts changed and the only times I could run were the mornings - after 2-3 weeks I was used to getting out of bed with no fuel and running them...in the end I think I actually did better like that.

Back to afternoons in lockdown now. I ran one of my best runs today, 48m 10k which is decent for me and I felt very comfortable and controlled..I've ran that before but at an effort, I didn't check the pace until I finished today so hopefully I can trim it down in the weeks ahead.

Only thing I am really focussed on though is increasing mileage, I want to get to 60m per week by end of April.
Why that much? I find I get more injuries if I do too much.

Why that much? I find I get more injuries if I do too much.
I don't really know...the reason I started running was to beat myself up a bit and suffer, stop being a lazy bastard, and it's never left me since...I just always think I should be going further, just my personal reason for running. Practically I suppose I want to try and keep my running aims for this year if I can...so if the restrictions are lifted this year I want to be ready to cram x2 ultras in before 2021.

Reactions: D.A
Felt like shite for the last couple of days so elected for an easy walk today rather than a run. I think it's a combination of pushing it a bit too much with exercise and various personal stresses that I have going on. Hopefully be back at it as soon as possible.

Did you use To play Sunday league footy mate ?
Did a nice 2.5 mile route up Foxcover Lane and down through Thorney in 26:33 the other day.
There’s a great tempo route round Foxcover lane .... distant memories for me now

stick with it mate

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back